Alberta conducted an Express Entry draw on May 13, 2020. The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) sent invites to 191 Express Entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination for permanent residence.
Candidates needed a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of 300 to be eligible to receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) from the province of Alberta.
Those who receive NOI will have a chance to get a provincial nomination from Alberta. Such a nomination will add 600 points to their original CRS score. That will in effect guarantee them that they will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) in an upcoming federal Express Entry draw.
To keep foreigners away as much as possible in this time of COVID-19 scare, Alberta is preferring candidates who are already residing and working in the province.
Alberta is also offering flexible terms to PNP candidates who are unable to submit all the documents required with the application due to COVID-19 disruptions. The AINP will accept documents’ copies. If the candidate satisfactorily fulfills the necessary requirements, their file will be kept on hold for 60 days.
To immigrate to Canada via the Alberta PNP, a candidate must create a profile in the Federal Express Entry System.
They also must have experience of working in an eligible job that supports the province’s priorities like economic development and diversification.
Considering the COVID-19 preventive measures imposed by Canada, the candidates have to meet certain criteria to get a nomination:
- The candidate must be presently working in Alberta (including work from home)
- The candidate must have a Canada work permit authorizing them to work in their current occupation
- He candidate must have a full-time paid eligible job that meets the provincial minimum wage. It must also exceed the Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) requirements
Applications of the following persons will be put on hold for 60 calendar days:
- Candidates who were working full time before the COVID-19 pandemic
- Candidates who are working in a regulated occupation unable to meet licensure requirements
So far this year, 1,598 invitations have been issued to Express Entry candidates.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…