Thailand visit visa
If you are travelling to Thailand for tourist purposes, there are two kinds of visit visas. One is the tourist visa which allows you to stay in Thailand for a period of three months, however the maximum duration of stay can be for 60 days. The other is the visa on arrival with which you can stay in the country for 15 days.
Documents required for Thailand visit visa
- A valid passport with six months validity
- Three passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed visa application form
- Details about your itinerary
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings
- International Health certificate on Yellow Fever Vaccination
- A cover letter from the ‘primary applicant’ or the individual incurring travel expenses which describes the reason for the travel
- If you are a businessman, a cover letter from your company stating your position and length of service
- Bank statement of last three months
Thailand tourist visa requirements
A tourist visa must be applied for four weeks prior to the planned departure date.
You must carefully and correctly complete the visa application form. A form that is incomplete will be rejected.
When submitting the visa application form to the Thai Embassy, include photocopies and originals of any supporting papers.
Submitting any false or fake documents will lead to serious trouble and do not distort or conceal facts.
Visa on arrival
The visa on arrival can be obtained at major international airports in Thailand. This visa is valid for 15 days.
- Airline Boarding Pass
- A passport valid for at least 6 months
- A completed visa application form that is available at immigration checkpoints in Thailand
- A recent 4 x 6-centimeter headshot not older than 6 months
- A confirmed airline ticket showing departure from the country within 15 days of entry date
- Land departure from Thailand disqualifies you for the visa
- A completed Arrival-Departure card issued to you by airline workers prior to landing in Thailand
- Travelers will be required to have 20,000 TBH or 500 USD in cash per person as evidence of livelihood in Thailand.
Is it possible for me to get a Visa on Arrival in Thailand?
Those with valid passports from selected countries can apply for VoA at Thailand’s 48 authorized immigration checkpoints, according to the Ministerial Regulation of the Ministry of Interior of the Kingdom of Thailand. Countries eligible for Thailand’s Visa on Arrival for the purposes of tourism are –
Bulgaria, Cyprus, Georgia, Malta, Taiwan, Romania, Bhutan, Ethiopia, India, Mexico, Vanuatu, Saudi Arabia, China [excluding Hong Kong and Macau], Fiji, Kazakhstan, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Uzbekistan
Can I work in Thailand on my tourist visa?
Foreigners that enter Thailand are not permitted to work, unless they are granted a work permit. Those intending to work in Thailand must have the appropriate visa for being eligible to apply for a work permit.
Is it possible for me to work in Thailand while on a tourist visa?
Foreigners are not permitted to work in Thailand unless they have been granted a work permit. Those wishing to work in Thailand must first get the necessary visa before applying for a work permit.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.