Switzerland visit visa
If you are planning to visit Switzerland on a tourist visa, then you must know the visa requirements.
You will need a short-term visa to visit Switzerland which is valid for 90 days. This Switzerland visit visa is also known as the Schengen visa. As you may be aware the Schengen visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement. Switzerland is one of the countries under the Schengen agreement.
Documents required for Switzerland tourist visa:
- A valid passport whose validity will exceed the duration of the visa you apply for by three months
- Old passports if any
- 2 passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed visa application form
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay in Switzerland
- Schengen travel visa insurance or a health insurance covering Switzerland and the Schengen Area for medical emergencies with a minimum coverage of 30,000 pounds
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Proof of income tax returns
- A cover letter explaining why you want to visit Switzerland, your duration of stay, date of return etc.
- Documents proving your civil status which could either be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children etc.
What kind of visa do I need for a trip to Switzerland?
For short-term stays of up to 90 days in any 180-day period, a Type C visa is required. You may do business, attend study programs, visit friends/relatives, engage in cultural or sporting activities, and so on with a Type C visa.
Depending on your reasons for visiting the Schengen Region and the frequency of your visits, the Schengen Consulate can issue you a 90-day single, double, or multiple-entry visa.
How long would it take to get a visit visa to Switzerland?
Once the application is deemed admissible, a decision is usually reached within 15 calendar days. The processing time can be extended up to 30 or even 60 days in some cases.
If the application requires further attention, the processing time may be extended to a maximum of 30 days.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.