Sweden visit visa
If you wish to travel to Sweden, you must apply for the Sweden visit visa. You will need a short-term visa to visit Sweden which is valid for 90 days. This short-term visa is also known as the Schengen visa. As you may be aware the Schengen visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement. With a Schengen visa you can travel to and stay in Sweden and all the other 26 Schengen countries.
Documents required for Sweden tourist visa
- A valid passport whose validity will exceed the duration of the visa you apply for by three months
- Old passports if any
- 2 passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed application form
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay in Poland
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Valid medical insurance with a cover of 30,000 pounds
- Cover letter mentioning the purpose of your visit to Sweden and your itinerary
- Proof of accommodation during the duration of stay
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children etc.)
- Invitation letter containing the address and phone number of the family member or sponsor.
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
Is it necessary for me to apply for a visa or a residency permit in order to visit Sweden?
If you are a non-EU citizen and plan to visit Sweden for less than 90 days, you will be required to apply for a visa.
If you plan to stay in Sweden for more than 90 days, you’ll need to apply for a visitor’s residence permit.
How early will I be able to apply for a visit visa to Sweden?
You must apply for a visit visa to Sweden at least 6 months prior to your planned trip.
How long would it take to get a visit visa to Sweden?
The majority of applications for a visit visa to Sweden are processed within 14 days of receipt of the application.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.