Sri Lanka visit visa
In order to visit Sri Lanka as a tourist, you will need an Electronic Travel Authorization or ETA that allows you to stay in the country for 30 days.
Here are some details on the ETA and the process of getting your Sri Lanka visit visa. Citizens of every country except Singapore, Maldives and Seychelles require an ETA to visit Sri Lanka.
The ETA application can be completed online using the official website or other websites affiliated with the Sri Lankan government. You must apply for the ETA at least 90 days prior to your planned trip date. As a result, you must apply for the ETA three months before to your departure.
Filling out a form and paying service and government fees are all part of the application procedure. In truth, the application process is quick and easy, and your visa will be processed within 24 hours. The cost of a visa, on the other hand, is determined by the type of visa.
Requirements for the ETA
A scanned passport
Valid e-mail address
Approved means of payment
Validity of ETA
The ‘short stay’ and ‘transit’ ETAs are the two categories of ETAs.
You can travel to Sri Lanka for vacation or business with the ‘short stay’ ETA, which is valid for 30 days from the day of arrival.
The transit ETA is valid for two days after the arrival date. Even if you are travelling through the country on a cruise liner, you must obtain a ‘transit ETA’. However, there are no fees associated with the ‘transit ETA’.
Processing time for Sri Lanka tourist visa
For the processing time of your Sri Lanka ETA, you have three options:
- Standard processing – Your ETA application will be processed within 1 Business Day, and the price is USD 40.00 (service fees included).
- Rush processing – You will receive your ETA within 4 hours, and the cost is USD 70.00 (service fees included).
- Super rush processing – This is the fastest option. You will get your ETA in 30 minutes, and the charges are USD 85.00 (service fees included).
What are the purposes for which I can get an ETA for Sri Lanka?
An individual intending to visit Sri Lanka for a short period – for the purposes of business or tourism or for transiting through the country – will have to obtain a prior approval for an ETA for Sri Lanka before their arrival in the country.
What are the types of Sri Lanka ETA available?
The types of ETA available for Sri Lanka are –
- ETA for Tourist purpose [with double entry for 30 days]
- ETA for Business purpose [with double entry for 30 days]
- ETA for Transit [up to 2 days]
What can I do in Sri Lanka on my ETA for Tourist purpose?
A Sri Lankan ETA for Tourist purposes can be used for engaging in the following activities while in Sri Lanka –
- Holidaying or sightseeing
- Medical treatment [including yoga and ayurvedic treatments]
- Participation in sporting events and competitions
- Taking part in activities related to cultural performance
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.