Russia visit visa
A Russia tourist visa, valid for 30 days, is required to enter the country as a tourist. You have the option of applying for a single or double entry visa.
While a single-entry visa allows you to travel only to Russia, a double-entry visa allows you to travel from Russia to neighboring countries such as the CIS and Baltic states, as well as return trips to China and Mongolia.
Except for medical reasons, the tourist visa cannot be extended.
A tourist invitation is required to visit Russia as a tourist. This is essentially a contract between a foreign national and a Russian travel agency. The tour operator’s company should be included to the United register of tour operators. Obtaining a tourist voucher from a travel agency is a simple and straightforward process. The tourist voucher should contain the following information:
- Name of the Russian tourist company and its reference number
- Full name of the applicant and their passport information
- Purpose of visit
- Terms of visit
- Number of entries (single or double)
- Dates of entry and exit
- Cities that the applicant plans to visit.
Documents required for Russia visit visa
- A valid passport
- Two passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed visa application form
- Copy of tourist voucher
- Proof of funds
- Confirmed return ticket
A tourist visa normally takes 10 business days to process. It can sometimes take up to 30 days.
eVisa for tourists
An eVisa application can be submitted online and takes four days to process. Russia’s visas allow overseas visitors to visit certain Russian regions for short stays. The eVisa is valid in the following countries:
- Far East, for which visitors will need to apply for a Russian eVisa for the Far East regions
- Kaliningrad, for which they have to apply for eVisa for Kaliningrad
- St Petersburg and Leningrad region, for which eVisa for St Petersburg and Leningrad region is required.
- The eVisa is valid for 30 but allows a maximum of 8 days stay in the region.
Is it possible to seek a Russia visit visa that is processed more quickly?
In an emergency, an urgent visa application can be submitted and approved in as little as three working days. Keep in mind that the order for accelerated processing had to come from the appropriate authorities.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.