Portugal visit visa
In order to visit Portugal, you will need a 90-day short-term visa. The Schengen visa is another name for the Portugal visit visa. The Schengen visa is valid in all European countries that are part of the Schengen agreement. The Schengen Agreement includes Portugal as one of the nations.
Documents required for Portugal tourist visa:
- A valid passport whose validity will exceed the duration of the visa you apply for by three months
- Old passports if any
- 2 passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed application form
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay in Poland
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Valid medical insurance with a cover of 30,000 pounds
- Cover letter mentioning the purpose of your visit to Portugal and your itinerary
- Proof of accommodation during the duration of stay
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children etc.)
- Invitation letter containing the address and phone number of the family member or sponsor.
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
Application process for Portugal tourist visa from Dubai
Download the Portugal Visa Application Form and fill it out.
Gather the required papers.
Make an appointment with the Portuguese Embassy to submit the documents.
Pay the application fee for a tourist visa.
Bring your papers with you on the day of your appointment. You may be required to attend a visa interview.
Allow time for the visa application to be processed. This can take a few weeks or longer.
The decision will be communicated to you by the Portuguese Embassy. If it is positive, you can go pick up the visa.
You can travel to Portugal by the date mentioned in the visa.
How long does it take for a Portugal tourist visa application to be processed?
From the moment they receive your papers, the Embassy takes about 15 calendar days to process your application. Depending on if you have all of the necessary paperwork and the time of year, it can take longer (during the holiday season there are more applications, so it takes longer).
When do you apply for a tourist visa in Portugal?
You can apply for the tourist visa for Portugal at least two weeks before your planned trip. Three months prior to your expected departure date is the earliest you can submit. Ideally, you can submit your application a month before your travel date.
What Is the validity of a Portugal tourist visa?
The Portugal tourist visa can be issued for a period of three months, but the validity is determined by the Portuguese embassy. They can either grant a tourist visa for a few days or for the entire length of your trip in some cases.
Is it possible to extend a Portugal tourist visa?
While it is legally possible to extend the visa, extensions are normally issued only in exceptional cases, such as if you are sick and unable to fly, or if you are unable to return home due to political reasons.
If you want to extend your Portuguese Tourist Visa, you can contact one of the local offices of the Portuguese Immigration Services (SEF).
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.