Lithuania visit visa
In order to enter Lithuania, you will need a 90-day short-term visa. The Schengen visa is another name for this short-term visa. The Schengen visa is valid in all European countries that are part of the Schengen agreement, as you may know. The Schengen Agreement includes Lithuania as one of the nations.
You can stay in Lithuania and the other Schengen countries with a Schengen visa.
Documents required for Lithuania visit visa
- A valid passport with three months validity
- 2 passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed application form
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay in Lithuania
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Bank statement of the last six months
- Proof of having a valid medical insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros
- A Cover letter explaining your reason to visit Lithuania
- Proof of civil status. That could be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card (if applicable), etc.
Additional requirements for Lithuania tourist visa
A travel agency certificate verifying the booking of an organized trip or some other valid document showing the travel plans.
If the applicant is married and cannot include proof of marital status in the passport, a copy of their marriage certificate, if necessary.
Validity and processing time
This visa will be valid for 30 days or as per the Embassy’s decision.
Since Lithuania is a Schengen country, you can travel to any of the Schengen countries mentioned below with the same visa.
If you apply for a Lithuania visit visa, your entry country should be Lithuania. The average processing period for a visa is two weeks, but you can start the application process up to six months ahead of time.
Do I need an appointment to submit my application for visit visa to Lithuania?
Applicants might be required to book an appointment for coming personally for lodging the application.
The process of booking an appointment is as under:
- Make an appointment at one of the embassy’s designated Visa Application Center (VAC) or at the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania directly. You can do so by using the embassy’s or the VAC’s online facilities.
- Bring your documents, the completed application form, and the fees to the appointment center. Here’s where you’ll even have to apply your biometrics.
What is the processing time for visit visa for Lithuania?
On an average, the processing time is within 15 days. In certain cases that require further scrutiny of the application, the processing time can go up to a maximum of 45 days.
The length of time it takes to process a Lithuanian permit is determined by a number of factors, including the number of applications received at the embassy, the form of entry, the validity of the date, and your previous travel history. If you have a clean travel background and have previously been granted visas to the Schengen Area, the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, or Australia, your application can be processed more quickly. In certain cases, it may take more days, so it is best to make your application in advance.
What is the earliest that I can apply for visit visa to Lithuania?
The earliest that an application can be lodged is 6 months before the date of the intended visit to Lithuania.
Do I need travel insurance for visit visa Lithuania?
You will require adequate and valid travel medical insurance. The insurance cover required is a minimum of EUR 30,000. This insurance cover is required to cover emergency medical situations, hospitalization, and even repatriation [including in the event of death].
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.