India visit visa
The India Tourist Visa is a long-term visa that allows the holder to travel to India for tourism, sightseeing, or visiting friends. The validity period can range from six to twelve months.
Eligibility requirements for India visit visa
- Have the passport of an eligible country
- Your passport must be valid for the duration of your stay and contain blank pages.
- Reason for your visit must be tourism
- Passport with at least 12 months’ validity and blank pages
- One passport-sized photograph with a white background is required.
- Completed and signed Indian Tourist Visa application forms (more info below)
The India visit visa price is based on the country you are applying from.
Online tourist visa for India
The e-Visa for India is available to citizens of 161 countries. The citizens of these countries can apply for this e-visa.
For tourist visits, the Indian e-Visa is valid for multiple entries for stays of up to 90 days from the date of first entry, and up to 180 days for business visits. Tourists from Canada, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States are permitted to stay for up to 180 days.
Validity of the e-Visa
The validity of India’s business and tourist e-Visas is one year from the date of electronic approval. Holders of an e-Visa for business or tourism may visit India multiple times, with stays of up to 90 days for tourists and up to 180 days for business. For tourist visits, certain nationalities are eligible for stays of up to 180 days.
What is the processing time for the India tourist visa?
The processing time can be between 3-7 working days from the day you apply for the visa.
What are the documents required for the e-Visa application?
You will need scanned copies of each of the following documents to upload to the online application form in order to apply for this visa online:
- Passport photo
- PDF copy of your passport application’s information page (which you can fill out from the Online Order Form, you will need to type your answers, save the PDF and upload it to the form)
- Additional documents as requested
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.