Greece tourist visa
In order to visit Greece, you will need a 90-day short-term visa or the Greece visit visa. The Schengen visa is another name for this short-term visa.
You can fly to and stay in Greece and the other 26 Schengen countries with a Schengen visa.
Documents required for Greece tourist visa
- A valid passport with three months validity
- 2 passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed application form
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay in Greece
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Recent statement from your bank
- Proof of having a valid medical insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros
- A Cover letter explaining your reason to visit Greece
- Proof of civil status. That could be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card (if applicable), etc.
What is the processing time for the Greek tourist visa?
In most cases, decisions on Greece visit visa applications are made within 15 days of request. The processing time can take up to 30 days in some cases, and even 60 days in exceptional cases.
However, bear in mind that when measuring the 15 calendar days, you must account for any national or other Greek holidays, as this will affect the processing of your application.
Is insurance needed for a trip to Greece?
When applying for a visit visa to Greece, you must provide evidence of having a travel medical insurance policy with a minimum coverage of EUR 30,000. Greece, as well as the rest of the Schengen Region, should be covered in the insurance policy.
Is it possible to extend my visit visa to Greece?
Except under rare circumstances, such as when new details or special circumstances arise after the visa holder’s arrival in Greece, is the visa extended.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.