Brazil visit visa
For tourists wishing to come to Brazil, the country exempted the Brazil tourist visa for citizens of most countries in June 2019. These tourists can visit Brazil for 90 days which can be extended for an additional 90 days. However, visitors must stay for less than 180 days within a 12-month period.
Brazil tourist visa requirements
- Passport valid for at least six months on entry with one blank visa page
- Proof of sufficient funds
- Copies of onward/return airline tickets
- Documents required for the next destination
Advantages of not requiring a Brazil visit visa
You will not be required to complete lengthy application forms or submit additional documentation such as letters from friends and employers, photographs, passport copies, or bank statements.
You are not required to reveal any confidential information.
A visa is not required to be paid for (besides tickets, hotels and more)
You don’t have to wait for your visa application to be processed by the embassy.
You can travel whenever you want, without having to plan ahead of time for days or weeks.
You won’t have to stand in long lines at the airport to get your visa when you arrive.
What can I do in Brazil on my visitor visa?
A visitor visa [VIVIS] for Brazil is issued for the following purposes –
- For taking part in business meetings, events, fairs etc. or prospecting business opportunities
- Taking part in recreational, educational or cultural activities
- Participation in workshops, conferences etc.
- Visiting family
- Performing voluntary work
- Media/film coverage
- Learning or research activities
- As a consultant or auditor
- For transiting through a Brazilian airport on an onward journey to another country
- Joining vessel or aircraft as part of a crew
What is the processing time for Brazil visit visa?
The average processing time for Brazil visit visa ranges from 10 to 15 working days.
Is it possible to extend my tourist visa to Brazil?
A tourist visa for Brazil can be extended for another 90 days. The Brazilian Federal Police will have to be contacted for the same. However, in any 12-month period, the total time spent in Brazil must not exceed 180 days.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.