COMPLETE ADMISSIONS SUPPORT TO STUDY IN DUBAI
If you are a student looking to study in the UAE, you are thinking right in the right direction. UAE is known to be the Education Hub. It provides world-class facilities in education to the natives as well as the International Students. The various educational institutes in UAE offer education to International Students.
The country offers popular study programs in Engineering and Technology, Science, Architecture, Management, Aviation, Economics, Business, Computers and IT, Media and Mass Communication, Natural Sciences, Law, and other disciplines.
The degrees are highly credible and recognized globally, resulting in employment opportunities in the UAE and all over the world. Architecture is much sought after, and study programs in Interior designing and building construction are top-rated courses.
Why study in Dubai?
- Dubai is one of the safest places to reside; It resolves the biggest concern of every parent!
- It has an efficient education system.
- The Universities in Dubai have modern infrastructure.
- The living costs and tuition fees are less compared to the other countries like the UK, the US, and countries in Europe.
- UAE has a rapidly growing economy with abundant opportunities, facilitating a bright career for the students after the completion of their studies.
- The students get to experience the cultural diversity in the UAE, with over 200 nationalities present in Dubai.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY:
Undergraduate Studies (for international students) in Dubai
- TOEFL/ IELTS is required
- At least 12 years of academics with a minimum of 60 percent.
- Few universities like Middlesex University Dubai, the University of Wollongong in Dubai, and the Al Ghurair University require at least 65 percent if you are coming from ISC or CBSE board.
- Students who score more than 75 percent in English are eligible for an exemption for IELTS scores.
Note: Competitive Universities need EmSAT for UG admission.
The EmSAT is a system of standardized computer-based tests practiced in the UAE for the primary and competitive university admission criteria for public and private institutions. The test consists of multiple subjects like English, Arabic, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and Computer Science. Although, Arabic is not compulsory for international students.
Postgraduate Studies (for international students) in Dubai:
Foreign universities with branches in Dubai look for criteria similar to those practiced in their respective country. For example, the Murdoch University. Dubai requires post-graduate qualifications which meet the academic standards of an Australian three-year Bachelor’s degree.
- Percentages above 60 percent are considered in the Undergraduate degree.
- The required IELTS or TOEFL score.
- Admission to the MBA study program in Dubai asks the students to have relevant work experience of 2 to 4 years, depending upon the University or the program they have applied for.
COST OF STUDYING IN DUBAI
The cost of studying in Dubai is given in the following table:
|Study Program||Average fees(*AED)/Annum|
|Under Graduate||37,500 to 70,000|
|Post Graduate||55,000 to 75,000|
INTAKES AND DEADLINES:
- Intakes for the Under-graduation programs: April/May; July/August; December/January.
- Intakes for the Post-graduation programs: July/August; December/January.
In some universities, admissions are conducted throughout the year. Consequently, the admissions happen in spring, summer, and Fall. The season of Fall attracts the most admission of international students.
It would be better if the students applied 3 to 4 months before the intake.
WORK AUTHORIZATION FOR STUDENTS:
The UAE offers job opportunities for off-campus part-time employment to International Students.
- The students should be above 18 years to be eligible for work.
- The students can work for 15 hours every week or 60 hours every month during the sessions.
During the summer breaks, they can work for a maximum of 40 hours every week or 160 hours every month.
REQUIREMENTS For DUBAI STUDENT VISA
- Valid Passport with the required number of photographs.
- Undergraduate degree certificates and mark sheets in case of an application for post-graduate programs.
- Admission Offer Letter issued by Dubai University or Institute
- Required scores in English tests.
- The Sponsor for the visa should either be the Parent/ Institute or a relative facilitating the visa filing only through them.
- Adequate funds and supporting evidence.
- Proof of accommodation
- Funds for the tuition fee for the 1st year are to be paid as part of the admission process.
- Receipt of student visa fee.
- Additional documents like SOP and recommendation letters as required by the University.
- Pass the required medical test after arrival (like Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV, Syphilis, Leprosy, and TB.
- Medical and travel insurance
An additional 1,200 AED (330 USD) per month should be included in the general expenses, amounting to AED15000 per annum. A student should have adequate funds for 1-year tuition and living expense and evidence of adequate funds.
STEPS TO STUDY ABROAD IN DUBAI:
Step1: Research Your Options:
Decide what subject you want to pursue, where you want to go, your budget, job opportunities, and the like.
Step 2: Select the Universities or Institute:
Shortlist the institutes or universities that offer your choice of subject. 10 universities should be sufficient.
Step 3: Prepare for the entrance examinations:
Prepare for standardized tests like IELTS. TOEFL, and the like, in view of the requirements of the universities or colleges. Register for the tests in advance. You take the tests before a few months of the intake. During the application for the tests you can also plan for the time required to retake the test.
Step 4: Finance your studies:
Ensure that you have sufficient funds for the entire duration of study in Dubai with additional funds for accommodation, food, travel, and other expenses. Select the method by which you will finance your studies. .
Step 5: Apply to university/Institutes:
Every University or Institute has its own requirements for the admission process. Complete the applications before the deadlines. Your consultant will help you in selecting a suitable Institute and guide you in the application process and submissions.
Step 6: Confirm admission:
After you receive your acceptance letter from the Institutes or universities, go for the University you would like to study in. Pay the required fees and proceed with the admission process.
Step 7: Apply for the Student Visa:
After the admission process is complete, apply for the student visa or entry permit through the Sponsor from the University/Institute/Parent/Relative. The Sponsor needs to apply for a residence visa once you arrive in the country.
The student visa will be valid for one year and can be extended according to the course duration. If you stay out of Dubai for more than 6 months, the visa will be considered invalid
The processing time is 2 to 4 weeks.
- Dubai encourages international students by facilitating them to intern after the completion of their graduate studies. The graduates can join internships with the permission of the University or Institute, and recommendations.
- The students who graduate with a good GPA of more than 3.75 will be allowed a visa for the long term for 5 years, which can be renewed periodically, enabling them to stay permanently in the country. You can look for a job and settle in the country. The visa facilitates benefits for the family of the exceptional students.
- Graduates can look for employment in Dubai and apply for a work permit with the employer’s help. The work visa permits you to work in the UAE.
POPULAR MAJORS IN DUBAI
- Design –Fashion & Textile Design, Design and Innovation, Jewellery Design, Interior Design, Architecture, and Construction Design.
- Management – Business Management, Retail and Supply Chain Management, International Business, and Disaster Management.
- Finance and Accounting
- Computer Systems Engineering and Information Technology
- Marketing– Business Analytics and Digital Marketing
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES / COLLEGES IN DUBAI
|Name of Universities||MOHRE(CAA) Accreditation||KHDA Accreditation|
|Abu Dhabi University – Dubai||Y|
|Al Dar University College||Y|
|Al Falah University||Y|
|Al Ghurair University||Y|
|American College Of Dubai||Y|
|American University in Dubai||Y||Y|
|American University In The Emirates||Y|
|Amity University Dubai||Y|
|Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani||Y|
|British University in Dubai||Y|
|Canadian University In Dubai||Y|
|City, University of London|
|Dubai Institute of Design and Innovation||Y||Y|
|Dubai Medical College For Girls||Y|
|Dubai Pharmacy College For Girls||Y|
|Dubai Police Academy||Y|
|Emirates Academy Of Hospitality Management||Y|
|Emirates Aviation University||Y||Y|
Emirates College For Management And Information Technology
[on probation, no new admissions]
|Esmod French Fashion Institute||Y|
|European University College||Y|
|Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University||Y|
|Higher Colleges Of Technology – Dubai Branch||Y|
|Hult International Business School||Y|
|Imam Malik College For Islamic Sharia And Law||Y|
|Institute of Management Technology – Dubai||Y||Y|
|Islamic And Arabic Studies College – Dubai||Y|
|Islamic Azad University||Y|
|London Business School||Y|
Maktoum Bin Hamdan Dental University College
[on probation, no new admissions]
|MENA College of Management||Y||Y|
|Michigan State University in Dubai||Y|
|Middlesex University Dubai||Y|
|MODUL University Dubai||Y||Y|
|Mohammed Bin Rashid School Of Government||Y|
|Mohammed Bin Rashid University Of Medicine And Health Sciences||Y|
|Moscow University for Industry and Finance (Synergy)||Y|
|Murdoch University, Dubai||Y|
|Rochester Institute of Technology – Dubai||Y||Y|
|Royal College Of Surgeons In Ireland||Y|
|S P Jain School of Global Management||Y|
|Saint Joseph University||Y||Y|
|Saint-Petersburg State Economic University||Y|
|Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology||Y|
|The College Of Fashion And Design||Y|
|The National Institute for Vocational Education (NIVE)||Y|
|The University of Manchester Worldwide||Y|
|University Of Balamand In Dubai||Y|
|University of Birmingham Dubai||Y|
|University of Bradford||Y|
|University of Dubai||Y||Y|
|University of Exeter||Y|
University Of Jazeera
[on probation, no new admissions]
|University Of Modern Sciences [on probation, no new admissions]||Y|
|University of South Wales, Dubai||Y|
|University of Wollongong in Dubai||Y||Y|
TOP UNIVERSITIES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN DUBAI
|1||University of Wollongong, Dubai Campus|
|2||University of Birmingham, Dubai Campus|
|3||Hult International Business School, Dubai Campus|
|4||Rochester Institute of Technology Dubai (RIT Dubai)|
|5||Heriot Watt University, Dubai Campus|
|6||Canadian University, Dubai|
|7||Murdoch University, Dubai Campus|
|8||Modul University, Dubai Campus|
|9||Manipal University, Dubai Campus|
|10||University of Stirling, Dubai Campus|
|11||Middlesex University, Dubai Campus|
|12||University of South Wales, Dubai Campus|
|13||American University of Ras Al Khaimah, Dubai|
|14||The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management, Dubai|
|15||Emirates Aviation University, Dubai|
|16||Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Dubai|
How much IELTS score is required for Student Visa?
- 6 overall in IELTS with no band less than 6 is a better score however, some universities may accept 5.5 overall.
- More than 75% in CBSE/ ISC/ Cambridge in English can be exempted from English tests
How much does a student visa cost?
Admission application fees: Ranges from AED250-1000 as defined by the Institute
Student visa inclusive of visa application fees and other costs defined as per the sponsoring Institute, as below.
- Visa processing fee: 2300 – 2700 AED
- Refundable Visa deposit(if required by the Institute): 2500 – 3000 AED
- Medical insurance: 1300 – 1400 AED
Total cost would be:7500AED approx.
*Admission and visa application related fees will vary from University to University depending on their administration costs. We can only advise you the estimated costs.
How long does it take to get a student visa?
The processing for the student visa is two to four weeks. The time varies for each University or Institute; thereby, it is advisable to apply two months before the intake starts.
Do I need a PCC/Medicals for a Student Visa?
PCC is Not required, However, it is mandatory the student completed the medical checks immediately after arrival as part of residence visa application. Medical fitness requirements are to be met compulsory.
Can I leave the DUBAI while I am on a student visa?
You are permitted to travel outside the UAE. But, you have to come back within six months. Otherwise, your visa would be canceled or considered invalid.
Can I take my dependents on Student visa?
No, you cannot sponsor your dependents on your Student Visa.
The people who are eligible to sponsor dependents should have a monthly income of 4000 AED, which is likely to be possible for students.
How can a student get a residence visa after studying to live and work?
The Dubai government facilitates a resident visa of 5 years for excellent students. The time allows them to search for employment, issue work permit, and permanently migrate to the country.
Your employer can process your work permit and complete the procedures for a residence visa.
What are the travel requirements for Dubai?
The passengers from any country traveling to Dubai are required to have a negative COVID‑19 PCR test report taken 72 hours before the scheduled time of departure.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.