US Dependent Visas

US Dependent visa – Live With Your Family In The Us

Various visa holders are permitted to bring their families to the United States under the US dependent visa category. Under a number of visa schemes, students, professionals, entrepreneurs, and others may bring their dependents to the United States. The following are some of the most common dependent visa applications:

  • F2 Visa: This is for dependents of F1 visa holders in the US to study. F2 visa holders cannot work or study in the US
  • H4 Visa: This is a visa issued to family members of H-1B visa holders and allows visa holders to work and study in the US
H4 visa

This is the most popular category of dependent visa issued in the USA

An H4 visa is a non-immigrant dependent visa. The visa does not grant permanent residency, but it gives the holder of the visa the right to live, study, and work in the US.

Who is eligible?

Spouse of the H type visa holder

Children under the age of 21 whose parent is a H visa holder

Validity of H4 visa

The visa’s validity is determined by the sponsor’s visa, also known as the principal applicant.

The visa is normally funded by the H form visa-holding spouse or parent. When the sponsor’s visa expires, the H4 visa becomes void.

H4 visa holders can:
  • Get a driver’s license
  • Have opportunities to study in the US
  • Qualify for financial services, such as banking and an H4 visa loan

 Work permission for H4 visa holder

  • The H4 visa holder is allowed to work part-time, full-time, or not at all.
  • The holder of an H4 visa is free to start any type of business.
  • Even if the H4 visa holder does not seek jobs, he will still be eligible for EAD.
H4 visa requirements
  • US visa interview appointment letter
  • A valid passport
  • Copy of the primary visa holder’s passport
  • Photograph of the primary visa holder and applicant together
  • Passport-sized photograph of the applicant
  • Confirmation page of the online DS-160 form
  • Visa fees receipt from the relevant bank
  • A copy of the primary visa holder’s form I-797
  • A letter from the primary visa holder’s employer stating the nature of the relationship between the primary visa holder and employer
  • Pay stubs from the primary visa holder’s current place of work
  • Original marriage certificate
  • Original birth certificates of children
F2 visa

The student-dependent visa is called the F2 Visa. The US F2 visa is a non-immigrant dependent visa where the immediate family members of the F1 student visa holders can come to the US. Dependents include the spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21.

Eligibility conditions for the F2 visa
  • Must be the spouse of an F1 student visa holder.
  • Must be the dependent child (under 21 years and unmarried) of an F1 visa holder.
  • Applicant must have enough financial resources to support the family in the US
F2 visa requirements
  • Passport (both original and photocopies)
  • Visa application confirmation (DS-160)
  • A photograph conforming to U.S. visa rules
  • Birth certificate for dependent children
  • Marriage certificate for spouses
  • Visa fee payment receipt
  • Applicant’s I-20 form
  • Copy of F1 visa holder’s I-20 form
  • Applicant’s bank statements, tax records, and employment documents as proof of financial stability
How long would it take to get a dependent visa in the United States?

The time it takes to process a US Dependent Visa varies depending on the circumstances. The H-1B visa is required for this visa. If the H-1B certification is in place, the process should take no longer than a week. However, if the USCIS has to validate additional information, it will take longer. In this case, it could take anywhere from 1 to 2.5 months.

What documents are required for the interview for Dependent Visa for the USA?
  • Evidence of marriage that includes Wedding invitation card, Wedding albums, Original Marriage certificate
  • Copy of the Passport/s including those that have expired
  • Letters for verification of employment
  • Fee receipt for the US Visa application
  • Tax returns
  • Pay stubs
  • Form i797A, H-1B primary from
  • Documents of primary H-1B spouse
  • Form i129, H-1B application copy
  • H-1B LCA copy
  • Birth certificate in original if the Dependent Visa applicant is below 14 years
  • Successes
    1 million
  • Counseled
    10 Million+
  • Experts
    Since 1999
  • Offices
  • TEAM
  • CRM
    WORLD'S #1
    #1 CX
speak to a counsellor
Get started

We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.

I accept the terms & conditions.