Apply For The US B1 Business Visa
The US B1 Business Visa is for short-term business trips to the United States. This business visa to the US is usually valid for 6-12 months and is used to facilitate business activities such as attending conferences and holding negotiations. The visa’s reach is wide, allowing for a variety of activities except for actively running a business.
The B1 Visa is basically a visa to conduct business activities in the US. It can be used for purposes such as:
- Conducting negotiations
- For sales or investment meetings
- Discuss planned investment or purchases
- For business investment purposes
- To attend meetings
- To interview and hire staff
- For research purposes
To allow for all security clearance and processing while fulfilling all US business visa conditions, you should apply for the visa at least 2-3 months in advance. A personal interview may be required in some cases.
Documents required for B1 Visa
The mandatory documents required for the US Business Visa are as follows:
- DS 160 US Visa Application Form’s confirmation page stamped at the VAC – Visa Application Centre
- Receipt of payment of Visa application fee
- Appointment letter for the US Visa interview
- All the previous Passports
- Every applicant regardless of their age must have an individual Passport that is valid for travel to the US and has a validity of minimum 6 months beyond the period of intended stay
US entrepreneur visa
There are two types of immigrant investor visas in the US:
EB-5 visa: The EB-5 program allows investors, their spouses and children under 21 to apply for a green card, which permits permanent residency in the U.S. This condition is applicable provided they are willing to make a minimum investment of $ 500,000 in a project located in a targeted employment area (TEA). However, if they want to invest in a project located in a non-TEA, the minimum investment required is $1 million.
A targeted employment area or TEA is defined as a rural or high unemployment area.
E-2 visa: With the E-2 visa which comes under the non-immigration category, the individual can start a business and work in the US by making an investment of USD 100,000. The E-2 visa is issued for five years but can be renewed later. Though it is not possible to become a US citizen with the E-2 visa, individuals have the right to live and work in the US for their entire life. Family members can stay as dependents under the E-2 visa.
What is the validity of a US Business Visa?
The validity of the US Business Visa (B1/B2) is close to that of other non-immigrant US Visas, ranging from one month to ten years. It allows for single or multiple entries into the United States, with a maximum stay of six months. This is registered on the individual/form immigrant’s I-94 by a Customs and Border Protection officer at the entry port.
How many days does it take to get US Business Visa?
The processing time for US Business Visa from India can be 1 or 2 months and below is the break-up of the timelines:
- Online application with the form DS – 160: 1 to 3 days
- Payment of the fee: 1 day
- Scheduling the appointment for the interview: 1 to 2 weeks
- Attending the Visa interview: 1 or 2 days
Getting the Visa stamped on your Passport: 1 to 4 weeks
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.