Switzerland Business Visa
If you want to set up a business and visit Switzerland for the same purpose, you will be needing a business visa. This visa facilitates a businessperson to visit Switzerland for business activities such as employment and corporate or partnership meetings.
REQUIREMENTS for the visa
You need to apply for a short-stay visa. This visa is also known as the Schengen visa. It permits you to stay in Switzerland for a period of 90 days. It is valid for all the countries of Europe which are involved in the Schengen agreement.
These are the documents you require for the visa application:
- Valid passport with a minimum of 3 months validity
- The passport that has been issued in the past ten years
- Two passport-sized photographs
- Completed application form for the visa
- Proof of sufficient funds to pay for the stay in Switzerland and return trip
- Travel insurance of 30,000 pounds
- Cover letter from your company if you are traveling to Switzerland to represent their business.
- An invitation letter issued by the company you plan to visit with their address details and scheduled dates of the visit
- A certification from your employer permitting you for your business travel and a Power of attorney issued by your company give you the complete authority
- Proof of trade relations in the past between the two companies
- The past six months’ bank statements
- Income tax returns for the past three years
- The company should declare its intent to cover the expenses in the LOI or letter of invitation.
- Accommodation proof
- Civil status proof
PROCESSING TIME AND VALIDITY
An applicant for this visa can stay for 90 days in Switzerland or any other Schengen country in the region with this business visa.
HOW CAN Y-AXIS HELP YOU?
· Evaluate the documents needed for your visa application
· Counsel you on the funds that need to be displayed to the visa officials
· Complete the process of application
What is the application process for the Switzerland business permit?
- Make an appointment at the nearest embassy or consulate for a business permit in Switzerland.
- Download and fill the Swiss business permit application form.
- Gather the records of information you’ll need to apply for a business permit in Switzerland.
- To submit your application, go to the Swiss embassy or consulate in person.
- Attend the interview.
- Pay the fees for a Swiss business permit.
- Wait for your application to be reviewed and approved.
What’s the difference between a long-term permit and a short-term permit for Switzerland?
Short-term permit for Switzerland allows you to travel to and stay in Switzerland for purposes of tourism, business, or visit. You can stay for up to 90 days.
Long-term permit for Switzerland lets you travel to and stay in the country for a duration exceeding 90 days.
After staying for three months on a long-term permit, you must leave the country for at least a month before returning to the country.
When is the earliest I will be able to apply for a business permit to Switzerland?
The visa application needs to be submitted three months prior to the date of departure to Switzerland on activities related to business.
What is the processing time for business visa for Switzerland?
Normally, the time taken to process the business visa in New Delhi at the Embassy of Switzerland is approximately 7 to 10 working days.
What is the difference between a long-term visa and a short-term visa for Switzerland?
The short-term visa of Switzerland permits you to travel to and stay in Switzerland for business, visit, or tourism purposes for a maximum of 90 days. The short-term visa is also known as the Schengen visa.
In comparison, the long-term visa facilitates your stay for more than 90 days in Switzerland. The long-term visa for Switzerland is known as the National visa.
What if I cancel my business visa for Switzerland application mid-way? Do I get a refund?
The visa fee will not be refunded if the applicant withdraws the application for any reason or the Swiss government rejects it.
Can I submit my visa at the Swiss Consulate General in Mumbai?
The Consulate General of Switzerland in Mumbai does not provide any services for a visa.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.