Netherlands Business Visa
You would need to apply for a Netherlands business visa if you want to enter the Netherlands for business purposes. A businessman may use this visa to travel to the Netherlands for business purposes such as corporate meetings, job interviews, or company meetings.
You must apply for a short-stay visa, which will allow you to stay in the Netherlands for 90 days. The short-stay visa is also known as the Schengen visa. This visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement.
- You must have a valid and compelling reason to visit the country.
- During your stay, you must have enough money to support yourself and any dependents.
- You must have close ties to your home country, allowing you to return home at the end of your stay.
- You must have a good reputation and no criminal history. A PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) may be needed.
- Valid passport with at least three months validity
- Passport must have been issued during the past ten years
- 2 passport size photos
- Completed visa application form
- Proof of having financial resources to pay for your return trip and stay in Netherlands
- Travel insurance policy with a value of 30,000 pounds
- Covering letter from your company in case you are travelling to Netherlands on behalf of their business
- Invitation letter from the company you will be visiting with details of their address and dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer giving permission for your business travel
- Proof of previous trade relations between the two companies
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Company must give declaration for coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation
It could take anywhere from 15 to 30 working days for your Netherlands business visa application to be processed. It may take longer in some situations, while it may take less in others. As a result, make sure to speak with the officer in charge of your application’s processing.
However, you can apply for a Netherlands visa up to 15 working days before your travel, and up to three months before your trip.
Can I do paid work on a business visa for Netherlands?
No. A business visa for the Netherlands is only issued to an applicant that will not be paid in lieu of work by any entity within the Netherlands. If your intention is of taking up paid work in the Netherlands, you will need to secure a work permit instead.
Do I need travel insurance for business visa for the Netherlands?
Travel insurance will be needed. As per Regulation (EU) 2019/1155 of the European Parliament, “adequate and valid travel medical insurance” is compulsory for Schengen visas.
What is the step wise process for business visa for the Netherlands?
STEP 1, filling in the online application form.
STEP 2, getting together the documentation.
STEP 3, appearing for the appointment.
STEP 4, giving biometrics.
STEP 5, submitting complete application [printout of application filled online] with documents.
Do I have to give biometrics again if I travel again later?
Biometric data collected remains valid for 5 year. If you have to apply for another visa within these 5 years, there is no requirement for providing biometrics again.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.