It doesn’t matter that you are an English speaker when you are trying to get an opportunity to work in Germany in 2022. There are many establishments in Germany that provide well-paid employment to English-speakers. Besides, learning German is very much possible in Germany, which will help you integrate into the country much better.
Here, let’s learn about the German job seeker visa.
An introduction to the German Job Seeker Visa
This visa is in fact a long-term residency permit. Owning it can enable you to stay in Germany for under 6 months. Within this span of time, you can find employment to work in Germany. After you find employment, you can apply for a German work permit or German work visa.
The German Job Seeker visa is meant for you to only live in Germany and seek a job. You are not permitted to start working with this visa.
Criteria to get a German job seeker visa
- You must have the eligibility to apply
- You must fill an application form before booking a visa appointment
- You must compile and submit all required documents
Eligibility for the visa
- Have a minimum experience of 5 years in your field of study
- Have a Bachelor/Master’s degree from a German university or an equivalent foreign degree
- Bring proof that you have sufficient funds to meet the expenses of your stay in Germany
- Have travel or medical insurance for the whole time you stay in Germany or till the time you are granted your work permit
Documents to submit
- A valid passport (issued in the last 10 years, valid for a minimum of 12 months from your planned date of return)
- A cover letter that lays out your objective of coming to Germany, your job-seeking plan, and your alternative plans for a career in case you can’t find employment
- Proof of accommodation in Germany (the place you are going to stay at while you are in Germany)
- A copy of your passport’s data page
- Proof of your health insurance
- Diploma/degree (or any other document that proves your academic qualification from a German/non-German university) and a certificate of work experience previously gained if any
- Proof of financial means to meet the costs for the time you stay in Germany which could be one of the documents mentioned below:
- Blocked bank account
- Bank account statement
- A formal obligation letter issued by a German-based sponsor (Verpflichtungserklärung)
- 3 passport-size photos based on specifications for biometrics
- Document to prove your personal status in your home country (E.g., birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.)
- Your CV in detail
The filled form has to be submitted at the nearest German embassy. Once your application is scrutinized along with your documents, and the interview is done, the decision on granting the job seeker visa will be made.
|Know your eligibility for Germany immigration. Use the Germany points calculator.|
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like: