- New initiatives from Western Australia designed to attract skilled foreigners
- The state expands jobs available in Australia immigration Graduate stream
- Western Australia to introduce the new Graduate Occupation List
- Applications for nominations under the new List are not to begin before the program year 2022-23
There were 2 major decisions made by the Australian state of Western Australia lately:
- The state will accept applications from skilled overseas migrants with preference given to applications residing in the state right now.
- A new Graduate Occupation List will be introduced that will have more than 300 occupations listed and made available.
The aim of these decisions is to attract international students and skilled migrants. These decisions are made so that the scarcity of skilled professionals can be met in the region.
The official release of Western Australia stated so:
|“As part of the state government’s $195 million Reconnect WA strategy, an additional 194 occupations have been added to the Graduate Occupation List – taking the total number of listed occupations to 331 – to attract more international students to study in the state.”|
The expansion of the Graduate Occupation List is considered the way to attract foreign nationals. They possess a range of skills that are broad and diverse. The List will align with the state’s present and future needs for an eligible workforce.
With the skilled migration pathway, Western Australia is opening a path for international students to obtain an Australia PR visa. The state will be sending nominations under the new GOL and will not start until the program year 2022-23.
Ministers talk about the migration program
|“Meeting Western Australia’s skilled workforce needs is a priority for the State Government, to support the State’s strong economic growth and pipeline of works.”|
|Sue Ellery, Western Australia’s Education and Training Minister|
|“International students are an important part of the WA community. They make a positive contribution to the State’s diversity and vibrancy and support local jobs in a variety of industries.
Providing a skilled migration pathway is key for attracting international students to Western Australia to retain their capabilities once they have completed their studies.”
|David Templeman, International Education Minister|
If you are willing to migrate to Australia, talk to Y-Axis, the leading immigration and career consultant in the UAE.
If you find this blog engaging, you may also like: