Just in case your Emirates ID has expired on March 1, 2020, owing to the COVID-19 restrictions in the UAE, you should hurry up to renew your visa and Emirates ID before October 10, 2020. It will keep your migration overseas going.
The grace period for expired Emirates IDs to be renewed ends on October 10, 2020. A reminder to the effect has been posted by the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship. This is the body in the UAE tasked with the duty of managing Emirates ID. It has announced that those who are entitled to the deadline for UAE ID renewal during COVID-19 precautionary measures must haste up the process of renewal to be done before October 11, 2020.
The visas in question would be those that expired from March 1 to July 12, 2020. October 10, 2020, is the deadline to renew such visas without fines while the visa holders are still inside UAE.
The renewal process
The following are the steps to renew your Emirates ID:
- Collect the requisite form at any registered typing centers across the UAE. The form is also available at ICA offices in the emirate you are residing in.
- Submit the following documents:
- A copy of the expired ID card or its details if not the original card
- Original passport along with a residence visa
- A passport size photograph with a white background (Passport size dimensions are 4.5 cms X 3.5 cms)
- Original birth certificate for those under 15 years of age
- Emirates ID card or passport of either parent for those under 15 years of age
- Make payment along with the filled form and required documents submitted (Dh 270 for 2 years and Dh 370 for 3 years)
The fine for late renewal can range from Dh 20 per day to Dh 1,000.
When you are abroad immigration rules of the country, especially related to visa expiry must be tracked and followed without fail.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to UAE, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…