How can you get a Temporary Work Permit for Canada?

canada work

Canada issues more than 300,000 Temporary Work Permits to foreign workers each year. Most foreign workers need to obtain a work permit before they can resume work in Canada.

You need to obtain an offer of employment from a Canadian employer first before applying for a work permit. You may also need to get a Temporary Resident Visa in order to enter Canada. However, this depends on the country of citizenship of the worker.

Here is how you can get a Temporary Work Permit for Canada.

Step 1: Your employer in Canada applies for a Labour Market Impact Assessment if necessary

Your employer in Canada needs to first obtain a positive LMIA from the ESDC. The ESDC issues a positive LMIA if it is convinced that a Canadian citizen or PR is not available to do the job.

Step 2: The Canadian employer issues a temporary offer of employment to you

Your employer in Canada may issue a temporary job offer to you once they receive a positive LMIA. Your employer needs to send a copy of the LMIA and the job offer letter to you.

Step 3: You apply for a Work Permit

You need to submit an application for a Work Permit with the ESDC. You will also need to submit your offer letter as well as the LMIA received.

You will also require a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec if your employer is based in Quebec. Only then can you apply for a Work Permit to work in the province.

Step 4: A Work Permit is issued to you

You will be issued your Canada Temporary Work Permit when you arrive in Canada. An officer from the Canada Border Services Agency will issue it to you at the point of entry, as per CIC News.

Y-Axis offers a wide range of Visa and Immigration products as well as services for aspiring overseas students including Student Visa for Canada, Work Visa for Canada, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry Full Service, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry P R Application,  Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Provinces, and Education Credential Assessment. We work with Regulated Immigration Consultants in Canada.

If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.

If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…

PR invitations to PNP candidates on the rise in Canada

About author View all posts

Y-Axis Dubai

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

4 × four =