You could either be a citizen or a resident in the UAE. Both ways, you are going to need an Emirates ID to ensure your legal stay in the country.
When it’s time to renew your residence visa once every whatever the number of years it was issued for, you must renew your Emirates ID along with it. You get just 30 days to do what you need to do.
Now, as already said, from the date of expiry, there are 30 days you have to renew your visa along with your ID. Post that period, you will have to pay late fines of AED 20 per day up to AED 1000. Nothing goes on forever here too!
There’s no way you could miss the visa expiry deadlines as FAIC (Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship) will SMS you notifying the nearing expiry. You must fill the application form and submit it for the renewal of Emirates ID either online through FAIC’s website or in person at an accredited typing center.
You will also need to provide your biometric details. For this, you may need to visit an FAIC service center or a preventive medical center.
In the process of residence visa renewal, the renewal of the Emirates ID is the second step. It follows your medical fitness test.
In the process of renewing the Emirates ID, first comes filling out the form as we have already mentioned.
For the documents you will need for the renewal process, submit these:
- Details of the expired ID card or a copy/original of the ID
- Residence visa with original passport
- A passport size photograph (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm). Keep the background white
- Original birth certificate for children under 15 years of age
- Emirates ID or passport of either parent for those under the age of 15
We didn’t talk about the cost of renewal yet. It’s Dh 270 for 2 years and Dh 370 for 3 years.
There’s a lot that Emirates ID enables you to do. Here are a few instances:
- To access government services
- To cast vote in elections of Federal National Council (only UAE citizens)
- To travel in the UAE using the ID as a travel document. Citizens can use it to travel within the GCC
- To pass immigration through smart gates and eGates at UAE airports using the ID as a valid document
Now that you know what keeps your migration overseas to UAE keeps going, and how to keep the necessary, you will do the right thing to stay ashore.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to UAE, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…