Prince Edward Island held an immigration draw on July 15, 2021. PEI PNP issued 127 invitations to immigration candidates in the following manner:
|Stream||No. Of invitations||Minimum points|
|Labor Impact & Express Entry||118||60|
- This draw was the 7th draw of the year conducted by PEI PNP.
- This year, so far, PEI has invited 1,032 immigration candidates. Of those 934 were issued from Labor Impact & Express Entry streams. 98 invitations were issued from the Business Impact stream.
- The next PEI PNP draw is expected to be held on August 19, 2021.
PEI PNP holds these draws to find skilled and qualified foreign candidates to meet the needs of the labor market. PEI PNP draws work within guidelines that are federally approved.
About PEI PNP Express Entry category
- It’s an enhanced PNP and hence linked with the federal government’s Express Entry
- Candidates in this category have to have a profile in the federal Express Entry pool.
- The Express Entry system manages the applications for immigration from candidates for 3 immigration programs in the economic class namely CEC, FSTP, and FSWP.
- These candidates who are eligible to get a CRS score will be awarded based on age, education, work experience, and proficiency in the English/French language.
- Canadian provinces nominate suitable candidates in the federal Express Entry pool which fetches the candidates 600 extra CRS scores. Such extra points increase their chances of reaching the front of the line in the next federal immigration draw. They are in effect assured of receiving an ITA in such a draw.
- To be considered eligible for a nomination from PEI, candidates from Express Entry are required to prepare an EOI profile with PEI PNP.
- Scores are given to EOI profiles based on a unique points grid of the province. Candidates who score the highest are then sent ITAs via monthly draws.
About Labor Impact Category
- This immigration category is for foreign nationals holding a valid job offer in PEI as well as the support of the employer in PEI.
- The 3 streams under this category are:
- International Graduate
- Critical Worker
- Skilled Worker
- Candidates in this category are required to submit an EOI to be eligible for provincial nomination.
About Business Impact Category
- This category is meant for business people or entrepreneurs who are interested in owning and operating a business in PEI.
- The invitations that PEI sent from this category in the July 15 draw were issued under the Work Permit Stream.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
CRS – Comprehensive Ranking System
EOI – Expression of Interest
PNP – Provincial Nominee Program
ITA – Invitation to Apply
FSWP – Federal Skilled Worker Program
FSTP – Federal Skill Trades Program
CEC – Canadian Experience Class
PEI – Prince Edward Island