On October 27, 2021, Ontario invited 1,406 Canada Express Entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination via a PNP draw. This was the biggest PNP draw by Ontario in 2021. The candidates who were invited by OINP came from a professional tech background.
The Canada Express Entry candidates who got invited in this draw were eligible for the Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream of Ontario. Following were the requirements for eligibility:
- They required to have an Express Entry profile
- They needed to have a CRS score between 455 and 467
- They had to have at least a year’s work experience in one of these occupations:
- NOC 2172 – Database analysts & data administrators
- NOC 2147 – Computer engineers
- NOC 2173 – Software engineers & designers
- NOC 2175 – Web designers & developers
- NOC 2174 – Computer programmer & interactive media developers
- NOC 0213 – Computer & information systems managers
- If the candidate had foreign education, they were required to submit an ECA.
These candidates have 45 calendar days from the date of receiving an invitation to submit their applications for a provincial nomination. Once they receive the provincial nomination, they will also get 600 extra CRS points. With the now increased CRS score, they will have a greater chance to receive an ITA to apply for a Canada PR visa in an upcoming Canada Express Entry draw.
|Know your eligibility for Canada immigration. Use the Canada points calculator.|
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest, or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 immigration & visa company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like:
- Canada latest: Sean Fraser is the new Canada immigration minister
- Canada PR visa close at hand for 888 Canada Express Entry candidates
PR – Permanent Residence/Permanent Resident
CRS – Comprehensive Ranking System
EOI – Expression of Interest
PNP – Provincial Nominee Program
OINP – Ontario Immigration Nominee Program