Now apply online to sponsor family members in the UAE

UAE sponsorship application online

Now you can avoid visiting a typing center to apply for an entry permit in case you have a plan to sponsor your family in the UAE. The ICA (Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship) has an app that UAE residents can use to request an entry permit for their dependents seeking entry into the country.

The application can be made by visiting or via the ICA app. Apart from the entry permit, the UAE resident can also apply for a status change or make a request to get the visa stamped. All these are services are accessible online.

The following are the steps in applying for an entry visa for family members if you are a UAE resident willing to sponsor them.

  1. Download the ICA app or visit to create a username and password. If you have UAE PASS credentials, they can be used.
  2. Submit the following documents by uploading color copies in jpg or pdf format, to open a sponsor file:
    1. Sponsor’s Emirates ID copy
    2. Copy of the sponsor’s passport and visa page
    3. Salary certificate (if you work in a free zone or a government sector) or Labor contract (if you work in the private sector)

The registration fee is Dh255.

  1. Apply for an entry permit. For this, go to the link “Residence Permit Issuance Service”. Then upload the following documents:
    1. Copy of Emirates ID
    2. Copy of passport and visa page
    3. Attested certificate of marriage with legal translation
    4. Salary certificate or Labor contract
    5. Copy of Ejari or tenancy contract
    6. Attested birth certificate, with legal translation
    7. Photographs of dependents with white background
    8. Copy of dependent’s passport

Pay the fees (Dh306) after submitting the application.Then you will receive the permit via email.

  1. Apply for a status change online, you will need to submit the following documents along with the application:
    1. Copy of the current tourist visa or copy of the confirmation of cancellation
    2. Copy of new entry permit

Pay a fee of Dh 559 for this step.

  1. Appy for your medical fitness test (applicable to those aged over 18 years), Emirates ID, and health insurance (with is mandatory for Dubai and Abu Dhabi visa holders).
  2. Apply online for a request to get the visa stamped. The following documents must be submitted along with the application:
    1. Copy of the entry permit
    2. Copy of your passport copy with visa page
    3. Copy of change status
    4. Copy of Ejari or tenancy contract
    5. Copy of marriage certificate with legal certification
    6. Copy of marriage certificate (both country’s attested)
    7. Copy of birth certificate
    8. Copy of birth certificate with legal translation

In case you want the permit urgently, you can visit an immigration department. There, you can get the visa stamped at the department on the spot. It will only cost an additional Dh100 to get this service.

If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to UAE, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.

If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…

New rule opens way for foreign students to study in Canada

About author View all posts

Y-Axis Dubai

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

eighteen + four =