A new scoring system is now been brought into force by Quebec. It governs the way in which the profiles in Arrima EOI bank will be ranked. It was implemented on July 14, 2021.
Now, the new system involves points in the categories of:
Human capital factors:
- French language ability
- French and English combined
- Work experience
Quebec labor market factors:
- Job offer outside or inside Greater Montreal
- Level of Quebec education
- Professional experience in the rest of Canada
- Qualifications in one of the areas of training in Quebec
- Professional experience in Quebec
- Work experience in a field with a labor shortage
MIFI stated that the new system of ranking for Arrima will help to respond to labor market requirements better as well as assess the potential to integrate that a candidate has.
Out of the 1,320 points available,
- 740 is for Quebec labor market factors
- 580 is for human capital factors
Job offers outside Montreal have 380 points.
Job offers inside Montreal have 180 points.
With the new scoring system for Arrima, CSQ can be issued within 6 months of Quebec receiving completed applications. It’s candidates with a CSQ that can apply for Canada PR.
Connect with us!
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
PR – Permanent Residence/Permanent Resident
EOI – Expression of Interest
PNP – Provincial Nominee Program
MIFI – Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration
CSQ – Quebec Selection Certificate