The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) conducted the latest draw on 20th June 2019. 450 invitations (LAAs) were issued to skilled workers and foreign graduates in this draw.
The Letters of Advice to Apply (LAAs) were issued under the following streams:
- Skilled Workers (Manitoba)
- Skilled Workers Overseas
- International Education
All the above streams are part of the MPNP.
The breakup of LAAs issued in the 20th June draw are as follows:
- Skilled Workers (Manitoba)-101
- Skilled Workers Overseas-323
- International Education: 26
With this draw, the total number of LAAs issued by MPNP totals to 4,979 in 2019.
Out of the 450 invitations issued, 133 went to Express Entry candidates. The candidates had a valid job seeker code and had experience in one occupation on the Manitoba In-Demand list.
EE candidates who obtain a provincial nomination get an extra 600 points on their CRS score.
To apply under the Skilled Workers Overseas sub-category, you need to :
- Have a close relative who is a resident of Manitoba. The relative should be a citizen or PR of Canada
- You should have past work experience or education in Manitoba to establish a connection with the province
- Have relevant work experience of at least 6 months in any occupation on the In-demand list of Manitoba
- You should have a language proficiency of at least CLB 5. In the case, your experience is in a regulated occupation, your language requirement is CLB 7. If your experience is in a compulsory trade then your language requirement is CLB 6, as per CIC News.
35 LAAs were issued under the Skilled Workers Overseas stream for the MPNP Strategic Recruitment Initiative.
The Skilled Workers (Manitoba) stream is for temporary foreign workers and foreign students who are already living in Manitoba. It is mandatory for these candidates to have a permanent, full-time job offer from an employer in Manitoba.
To apply under the MPNP, you have to first fill an online Expression of Interest. You will be required to provide information regarding your qualifications, experience, language skills, and connection to the province. Based on this information, you will be awarded a score by the Manitoba points system. Eligible candidate profiles are then placed in the Manitoba EOI pool.
Candidates who obtain the highest score receive invitations through regular draws.
The minimum scores for the 20th June draw are as follows:
- Skilled Workers (Manitoba): 475
- Skilled Workers Overseas: 599
- Strategic Recruitment Initiative: 704
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…