A historic Manitoba PNP draw result was achieved on July 27, 2021. Manitoba invited 1,140 Express Entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination. This draw issued the highest number of invitations ever to be issued in a single draw.
Here’s a summary of the draw:
- of LAAs issued: 1,140
- Cut-off ranking score: 557
The previous record in the number of invitations in a single draw was set on June 28, 2021. In the draw that was held on that day, MPNP issued invitations to 1,017 Express Entry candidates.
More about the draw
- The selected candidates were chosen from the Skilled Workers Overseas stream.
- The candidates must have already submitted a profile to Manitoba’s EOI system.
- The candidates had to have a minimum EOI score of 557 in order to get the LAA.
In case the invited candidates get Manitoba’s provincial nomination they will be awarded 600 points which will be added to their basic score. This is how it happens to candidates nominated by any Canadian province. It’s a feature provided by any PNP linked to the Express Entry. The provincially nominated candidates stand an almost sure chance of receiving an ITA for Canada PR.
About Express Entry
- It’s an application management system that handles applications for 3 federal high-skilled Canada immigration programs. These are CEC, FSWP, and FSTP.
- Going through a PNP process to receive a Canada PR invitation is an alternative to applying directly via Express Entry.
- Express Entry candidates who receive a provincial nomination through a PNP draw like Manitoba PNP will be awarded 600 extra CRS points. This increases their chances of receiving an ITA in a federal immigration draw.
- CRS is the system that ranks the profiles of Express Entry candidates on the basis of factors like work experience, education, age, and skills in the English language.
- Candidates who score the highest stand the first chance to receive an ITA in a regular Express Entry draw.
- As a first step, Express Entry candidates have to submit a profile in the Express Entry pool to apply for a provincial nomination to Manitoba.
Immigration programs of Manitoba
Manitoba conducts many immigration programs that are aimed at attracting international talent. They are offered the opportunity to settle in the province. Manitoba PNP is engaged by the provincial government to manage its immigration activities. It provides support for immigration applications to the federal government.
However, Canadian provinces can’t give out Canada PR status. But they are capable of helping an application to gain momentum by issuing provincial nominations.
Immigration candidates who want to get the benefit of a Manitoba nomination must register an EOI with the Manitoba PNP. Thus, they will be in a position to get an LAA via the streams of Skilled Workers Overseas streams and Skilled Workers in Manitoba.
As the next step, Manitoba proceeds to rank the candidates. The ranking is done out of 1,000 points considering various human capital factors, and their connections to the Canadian province of Manitoba.
The above said streams are designed to enable the province to go ahead with the identification of candidates who meet the needs of its labor market.
Overseas candidates are required to demonstrate that they have connections to Manitoba. These connections could be via instances like previous experience in Manitoba, close family ties, or an invitation via one of the Strategic Recruitment Initiatives of Manitoba.
Candidates aren’t required to be residing in Manitoba while submitting the application to be considered eligible.
If immigration candidates want to get an invitation under the category of Skilled Workers in Manitoba, they must have a job offer to a full-time job from an employer in Manitoba.
International graduates who have done their studies in Manitoba can get an invitation under the International Education Stream. For this, they should be able to demonstrate that they possess skills that are in demand.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
PR – Permanent Residence/Permanent Resident
CRS – Comprehensive Ranking System
LAA – Letters of Advice to Apply
EOI – Expression of Interest
PNP – Provincial Nominee Program
ITA – Invitation to Apply
IRCC – Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
FSWP – Federal Skilled Worker Program
FSTP – Federal Skill Trades Program
CEC – Canadian Experience Class
MPNP – Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program