Accounting and finance are huge, varied industry in Canada that have contributed significantly to the country’s continuous job development in recent years. In Canada, the majority of accounting and finance occupations are in the country’s three largest cities: Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver. In fact, Toronto is now North America’s second-largest financial center.
Finance officers keep track of accounts, check financial transactions, and perform bookkeeping. They work in both governmental and commercial sector organizations.
If you are a qualified finance officer, you have good chances of getting a job and migrating to Canada.
How to immigrate to Canada as a finance officer?
Finance officer is an eligible occupation under Canada’s FSWP. They can get a PR visa through Express Entry. Check if you are eligible using the Y-Axis Canada immigration points calculator.
These are some of the options for finance officers wishing to migrate to Canada.
There is no dearth of job opportunities for finance officers in Canada as long as you have the qualifications and the work experience.
How much do finance officers earn in Canada?
Median wage per hour
The median wage for this profession is approximately 23 dollars per hour and the maximum median wage for this profession is in Nunavut with 51 dollars per hour.
|Prince Edward Island||14.00||19.23||28.21|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||15.00||23.00||35.90|
- Management skills
- Supervision skills
- Analytical skills required are:
- Analyze information
- Projection of outcomes
- Research and investigation
- Communication skills required are:
- Advice and consultation
- Professional communication
- Teaching and Training
- Business, Finance and Management skills required are:
The job prospect in the next three years for finance officers is fair in most provinces of Canada.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||Fair|
|Prince Edward Island||Fair|
The equilibrium between labor supply and demand exhibited in recent years is predicted to remain over the projection period, as job vacancies and job searchers are expected to be at nearly comparable levels.
Common job titles for finance officers:
- Accounting technician
- Accounting bookkeeper
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of an accounting, bookkeeping, or related college program or two years in any recognized professional accounting school or completion of accounting or bookkeeping courses combined with work experience.
- Prepare payroll checks by calculating and preparing them.
- Reconcile the books.
- Fill out the journal entries.
- Keep financial records and general ledgers up to date.
- Set up the books for the trial balance.
- Depreciation and fixed assets should be calculated.
- Prepare statistical, financial, and accounting reports.
- Make arrangements for tax returns.
Maintaining financial records and developing, maintaining, and balancing multiple accounts using manual and digital bookkeeping methods.