Is it your intention to live and work in Australia once you have completed your advanced studies? If you are willing to do so, we are glad to introduce you to the Australia immigration pathway that’s considered the easiest to take in 2022.
Here we will explore the Subclass 491 visa (Skilled work (Provisional Visa), the easiest visa pathway to immigrate to Australia.
About the Subclass 491 visa
Subclass 491 visa is tailored for skilled workers wanting to live and work in Australia; more specifically in its regional areas. With this visa you can:
- live in Australia for 5 years
- travel to and from Australia a countless number of times while the visa has validity
- live, study, and work in a designated regional area of Australia
- lodge an application for an Australia PR visa once you complete 3 years of residing in the country counted from when you have been granted your visa
For eligibility for this visa, you must:
- possess a nomination to apply granted by the government agency of a territory or state, or an extended sponsorship from an eligible relative
- have a job that’s on a relevant skilled occupation list
- pass the points test with the minimum score as stipulated
- undergo a skills assessment as is suitable for the occupation
- be invited to submit an application
This visa isn’t extendable when it’s issued. It’s issued for 5 years and is a temporary visa. But if you have stayed in Australia for 3 years with the Subclass 491 visa, you become eligible to apply for an Australia PR visa.
When you apply for the Subclass 491 visa, you can add your family members too, including a dependent child.
For the main applicant, the cost of applying for the Subclass 491 visa is AUD 4,115. For each family member, an additional charge will have to be paid.
Application for this visa can be submitted from within or outside Australia. The processing time of the application for a Subclass 491 visa depends on factors including:
- how fast you give your response to any request for additional information
- whether you have lodged a complete application with all supporting documents required attached
- the time taken to perform the checks required on the supporting information furnished
- the time taken to get additional information from external agencies (especially those related to health, character, and info needed on national security)
How to apply
- Submit an EOI through SkillSelect.
- Bring together all your documents that prove the claims you made in the EOI and submit them along with the EOI.
- Submit an online application after getting your invitation. From the date of the invitation, you have 60 days to apply for the visa.
- Wait for the outcome of your visa application.
- The decision of approval of an application will be communicated to you along with:
- Your visa grant number
- The date your visa starts
- Any visa conditions if applicable
- The failure of your application, if that happens due to refusal from Australian authorities, will be communicated to you and the following will be clarified to you:
- The reason for refusal
- Whether the decision can be submitted to a review
|Know your eligibility for Australia immigration. Use the Australia points calculator.|
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest, or Migrate to Australia, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 immigration & visa company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like:
PR – Permanent Residence/Permanent Resident
EOI – Expression of Interest