If your next move is to apply for Canada immigration via a provincial nomination, you may want to consider Quebec as a prospective destination. Of course, it’s the only officially francophone province in Canada. But if the language part is sorted out, you are really in for wonderful opportunities in this province.
The Dept. Of Immigration, Quebec works independently from IRCC. You will, as with other provinces, be applying to Quebec directly. For settling down as a Canada PR visa holder in Quebec, you will have to put in an EOI to the Quebec Ministry of Immigration.
If your qualifications and skills are in-demand in Quebec and your French skills are up to the mark, you stand a good chance to be chosen to migrate to the province.
Under the Skilled Worker Program, you are given a score based on a points grid. Here are some of the factors you will be evaluated by:
- Work experience
- Family members in Canada/Quebec
- French/English skills
- Self-sufficiency in finance
- A permanent job offer
The higher your score comes to after calculation, the better your chances to arrive in Quebec.
What professions are in demand in Quebec?
The in-demand occupations in Quebec fall under the following categories:
- Business, finance, and administration
- Natural and Applied Sciences
- Social Science, Education, Government Service, and Religion
- Art, Culture, Recreation, and Sport
- Sales and Service
- Trades, Transport, and Equipment Operators
- Processing, Manufacturing, and Utilities
Here are some of the in-demand occupations in Quebec:
- NOC 1111 – Auditors and Accountants
- NOC 2131 – Civil Engineers
- NOC 2141 – Industrial and Manufacturing Engineers
- NOC 2173 – Software engineers and designers
- NOC 3011 & 3012 – Registered nurses
- NOC 4151 – Psychologists
- NOC 1112 – Financial and Investment Analysts
- NOC 2132 – Mechanical Engineers
- NOC 2146 – Aerospace Engineers
- NOC 2174 – Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- NOC 3231 – Opticians
- NOC 5241 – Graphic designers and illustrators
- NOC 1121 – Human resource professionals
- NOC 2133 – Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- NOC 2147 – Computer engineers (other than designers and software engineers)
- NOC 2175 – Web designers and developers
- NOC 3233 – Licensed practical nurses
Explore job opportunities in these and other occupations in Quebec and migrate to the province for a better future.
|Know your eligibility for Canada immigration. Use the Canada points calculator.|
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like:
PR – Permanent Residence/Permanent Resident
EOI – Expression of Interest
PNP – Provincial Nominee Program
IRCC – Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada