Canadian colleges and universities have been given time till spring of 2022 to submit applications for Study in Canada scholarships for international students. The scholarships provided by GAC are worth up to $12,700 and is available directly to the university/college for qualified international students from the following countries:
The GAC (Global Affairs Canada) scholarships are meant for students who are already registered in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution in an eligible country/territory. It’s also necessary that they must be paying tuition fees to that institution when they are applying for the scholarship. The payment must be for the complete duration of the exchange under the student exchange program.
March 22, 2022, is the deadline to submit applications for the Study in Canada scholarship. This program offers scholarships that include either one of the following:
- $10,200 for college, UG/graduate students (Master’s & Ph.D.) for at least 4 months or 1 academic term of study/research
- $12,700 for graduate students (Master’s and Ph.D.) for a period of 5 to 6 months of study/research
An additional $500 per recipient of the scholarship is also given to colleges/universities. This is meant to cover the costs of administration once the student arrives to study in Canada.
What does the scholarship cover for those who are willing to study in Canada?
The money awarded in the scholarship can be used for the following:
- visa/study permit and work permit fees
- health insurance
- ground transportation, including a public transportation pass
- airfare for the recipient of the scholarship only through the most direct and economical route
- living expenses, such as utilities, accommodation, and food
- books and supplies needed for the recipient’s study/research, excluding computers and other equipment
The following foreign nationals are not eligible for applying for the scholarship:
- Those who have already lodged an application for a citizenship in Canada or a Canada PR visa
- Those who are already participants in another federal scholarship program
- Those who are already enrolled in a diploma/certificate/degree program at a post-secondary institution in Canada
How are applications for the scholarship evaluated?
Scholarship applications are evaluated on the basis of
- the merit of the research/study to be undertaken in Canada
- the benefit to the Canadian institution, supervisor, and peers
- rankings submitted by the Canadian institution
- the benefit to the home institution and peers
- the strength of the linkages to be created through the proposed exchange
Application for each candidate lodged by universities/colleges must be accompanied by the following supporting documents:
- proof of citizenship
- letter of proof of full-time enrolment from the home institution
- letter of support from the home institution
- letter of intent from the candidate
- signed copy of the memorandum of understanding with the partner institution
- letter of invitation from the Canadian supervisor (for graduate students only)
|Know your eligibility for Canada immigration. Use the Canada points calculator.|
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest, or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 immigration & visa company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like:
Count of Intl. students who work in Canada on PGWP on the rise