PEI has published its dates of immigration draws for EOI candidates anticipated in 2021. The first draw expected is on January 21, 2021.
The PEI PNP is planning to conduct monthly draws throughout the year. The PEI EOI covers the Canada immigration streams of the province for Express Entry, Business Impact, and Labor Impact candidates.
The COVID-19 pandemic was the major reason for the disruption of immigration in PEI in the period from March 2020 to August 2020. This led to PEI conducting more sporadic draws responding to the crisis. The monthly pattern of draws returned later in 2020.
PEI issued 1,955 invites in 2020 of which 1,742 were sent to Express Entry and Labor Impact candidates. The remaining 213 invites went to Business Impact candidates.
The PEI Express Entry stream considers candidates already having profiles in the federal Express Entry pool for a provincial nomination. The nomination a candidate receives from PEI will add 600 CRS points. This effectively guarantees the receipt of an ITA for Canada PR.
Of the 2 immigration pathways provided by PEI Express Entry, one is for candidates with a job offer and the other for those who haven’t.
The streams under the PEI Labor Impact category are:
Skilled Worker Stream
Under this employer-driver stream, skilled foreign workers with a job offer in PEI gets nominated for a Canada PR visa. They must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must have a full-time job offer from a PEI business in a job classified as 0, A, or B skill level of the NOC
- The candidate must have completed post-secondary education, and have a formal education of at least 14 years
- The candidate’s age must range from 21 to 55 years
- The candidate must have a minimum work experience of 2 years of a full-time job in the past 5 years
- The candidate must have enough proficiency in the English or French language to join the job offered
- The candidate must have sufficient funds to settle in PEI
- The candidate must have demonstrated the intention to settle in PEI
Critical Work Stream
This stream resolves labor shortages in the labor market in PEI by inviting foreign workers already living in PEI, who are working in specific critical jobs. The primary nomination criteria are:
- The candidate must have a full-time job offer from a PEI business in one of the following jobs:
- Customer service representative
- Truck driver
- Food & beverage server
- Housekeeping attendant
- The candidate must have work experience of 6 months with the PEI business offering the job
- The candidate must have a current valid Canada work permit visa
- The candidate must have a high school diploma along with formal education of at least 12 years
- The candidate must be of an age between 21 and 55 years
- The candidate must have a full-time work experience of at least 2 years in the past 5 years
- The candidate must demonstrate basic proficiency in the English or French language
- The candidate must have sufficient funds for settling in PEI
- The candidate must have demonstrated the intention to live in PEI
The streams under the PEI Business Impact category are:
Work Permit Stream
Those who are applying under the PEI Work Permit Stream must get a Canadian work permit and be employed with a business in PEI for as much time designated in the Performance Agreement.
Post the fulfillment of the Performance Agreement the applicant has to invest at least $150,000 in the business and give the commitment to managing the business from PEI on a daily basis.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
PEI – Prince Edward Island
EOI – Expression of Interest
PNP – Provincial Nominee Program
ITA – Invitation to Apply
PR – Permanent Residence
NOC – National Occupational Classification