Marine engineers are in demand in Canada and employers are willing to hire people from other countries to build the marine sector in Canada. They are offering attractive options to foreigner to make up for the shortage of local talent. This will be a good opportunity to migrate to Canada.
Marine engineers create and build marine vessels, marine power plants, and other associated systems and equipment, as well as repair and maintain them.
How to immigrate to Canada as a marine engineer?
Marine engineer is an eligible occupation under Canada’s FSWP. They can get a PR visa through Express Entry. Check if you are eligible using the Y-Axis Canada immigration points calculator.
These are some of the options for marine engineers wishing to migrate to Canada.
Applicants will have to get their marine engineering skills and their experience and qualifications assessed by the Canada Marine Engineering Skills and Qualification Assessment body which will serve two purposes. First and foremost, a positive skills evaluation will assist you in claiming the required points on both the Express Entry CRS and the Federal Skilled Trades application. Second, your positive skills evaluation will also serve as your Canada Equivalent Qualification, which will be used for your professional registrations, thus having your Marine Engineering abilities assessed means you’ll be qualified to work in Canada as soon as you land there.
How much do marine engineers earn in Canada?
The median wage for this profession is approximately 26 dollars per hour and the maximum wages for this profession is in the Canadian province of British Columbia where it is 28 dollars per hour.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||13.89||26.00||33.65|
|Prince Edward Island||16.00||22.00||28.00|
- Analytical skills required are:
- Ability to analyze information
- Planning skills
- Inspection and testing abilities
- Research and investigation skills
- Communication skills require are:
- Professional communication
- Advice and consultation
- Engineering and Technology skills required are:
- Applied technologies
- Building and Construction
- Computer and Information Systems
- Mechanics and Machinery
- Manufacturing and Production skills required are:
- Processing and Production
3-year job prospect-The job prospect in the next three years for marine engineers is good in most provinces of Canada.
|Prince Edward Island||Undetermined|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||Fair|
There will be more job openings than job seekers for this position in the next ten years. Vacancies may not get filled due to skill shortage.
- It is necessary to have a bachelor’s degree in marine engineering or a similar field of engineering.
- A master’s or doctoral degree in a related engineering subject is required.
- To approve engineering designs and reports and practice as a Professional Engineer, skilled engineers must be licensed by a provincial or territorial organization.
- They are eligible for registration after graduating from an approved training program and completing three or four years of supervised engineering work experience, as well as passing a professional practice exam.
Design and construct vessels, marine systems, and floating structures, as well as accompanying marine power plants, propulsion systems, and associated systems and equipment, and manage their construction, maintenance, and repair.