A Tech Pilot draw was conducted by British Columbia (BC) on May 26, 2020. 133 immigration candidates were sent invites to submit applications for a provincial nomination for permanent residence in Canada.
This adds another draw that brings in skilled tech workers through immigration Canada. BC is known for conducting tech draws as the province has a concentration of tech companies that offer good job opportunities.
The British Columbia PNP invitations were sent to candidates from the Skilled Worker and International Graduate streams under the Express Entry BC (EEBC) and Skills Immigration categories.
The minimum score stipulated for candidates in both categories was 80.
BC uses its Tech Pilot draws to invite skilled tech workers from abroad. Valid job offers are made in any of the 29 technology jobs that are in high demand. These occupations with their NOC codes are as follows:
- 6221 Technical sales specialists – wholesale trade
- 5241 Graphic designers and illustrators
- 5227 Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts
- 5226 Other technical and coordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting and the performing arts
- 5225 Audio and video recording technicians
- 5224 Broadcast technicians
- 5125 Translators, terminologists and interpreters
- 5122 Editors
- 5121 Authors and writers
- 2283 Information systems testing technicians
- 2282 User support technicians
- 2281 Computer network technicians
- 2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
- 2242 Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment)
- 2241 Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- 2221 Biological technologists and technicians
- 2175 Web designers and developers
- 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- 2173 Software engineers and designers
- 2172 Database analysts and data administrators
- 2171 Information systems analysts and consultants
- 2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- 2134 Chemical engineers
- 2133 Electrical and electronics engineers
- 2132 Mechanical engineers
- 2131 Civil engineers
- 0512 Managers – publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts
- 0213 Computer and information systems managers
- 0131 Telecommunication carriers’ managers
EEBC candidates are required to have their profiles under the federal Express Entry system and BC’s Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS).
If an Express Entry candidate gets a provincial nomination, it will add 600 points to his/her Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score. It will guarantee the candidate that he/she will get an invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence.
Candidates of the Tech Pilot must obtain a job offer with a work span of at least a year. There must also be a minimum of 120 days left in the candidate’s job tenure at the time the candidate submits his/her profile to BC.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…