On February 2, 2021, British Columbia conducted a PNP draw. It invited 216 new immigration candidates from different categories. International graduates and skilled workers were invited through the categories of Skills Immigration and EEBC.
208 skilled workers and 8 entrepreneurs were invited through the PNP draw. The cut-off scores for subcategories of EEBC category were:
- International graduate – 100
- Skilled worker – 104
The invited candidates must have had their profiles submitted with IRCC’s Express Entry system. These candidates who received nominations from BC will get 600 extra CRS points that will guarantee them to receive ITAs for Canada PR in an upcoming Express Entry immigration draw.
The cut-off scores for the 3 Skills Immigration subcategories were as follows:
- International graduate – 98
- Skilled worker – 98
- Entry-level & Semi-skilled – 79
Several occupations have been excluded in recent times from the scope of BC’s weekly PNP draws due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. These include several sales and service jobs.
In 2021, 740 invitations have been issued by the British Columbia PNP.
For a candidate to apply for categories of EEBC or Skills Immigration, he/she must start by creating a profile via the online portal of BC PNP. The candidate must thus get registered under SIRS.
The factors that are considered to give the candidates scores include work experience, education level, job location, and proficiency in English.
Understanding the Skills Immigration stream
For eligible foreign workers who already have an offer to a job in BC, Skills Immigration is a pathway to get Canada PR. Under the SI stream, there are 5 categories namely:
- Skilled Worker — For those who have many years of experience in a skilled job and have received a job offer
- Healthcare Professional — Meant for nurses, psychiatric nurses, physicians, or allied health professionals holding job offers in one of 11 occupations deemed eligible who may apply for this category
- International Graduate — Meant for workers who have done graduation from an eligible Canadian college or university in the last 3 years
- International Post-Graduate — For holders of Masters or Ph.D. from eligible post-secondaries in BC in the applied, natural, or health sciences who may apply for this category without having a job offered
- Entry-Level & Semi-Skilled Worker — Meant for workers at the entry-level or semi-skilled workers working in hospitality, tourism, trucking, or food processing, or those in entry-level or semi-skilled positions working and living in BC’s Northeast Development Region
Except for Entry Level & Semi-Skilled worker, the other 4 categories are aligned with Express Entry.
Understanding the Entrepreneur streams
BC invited candidates to its Entrepreneur stream, issuing 8 invites stipulating a cut-off score of 122. This stream will invite established entrepreneurs to start a business or buy a business in BC and run it. The assessment of candidates under this stream takes into consideration factors like the business plan, education, net worth, business experience, and the amount they are planning to invest.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
Alberta welcomes 100 new candidates for CRS as less as 360
EEBC – Express Entry British Columbia
SIRS – Skills Immigration Registration System
PNP – Provincial Nominee Program
PR – Permanent Residence
SI – Skills Immigration