Do you want to know how you become a permanent resident in Germany? Even better, do you want to know how easy a process Germany immigration will be in 2022? Let’s find out.
Before we get to the answer to the latter question, we will have to understand a few aspects of the Germany immigration processing system. These aspects influence the time taken to obtain a German PR visa.
How to apply for Germany immigration?
To apply for a German PR visa, you have to meet certain criteria first. Here they are:
- You must have held a German residence permit (temporary) for 5 years.
- You must have made a contribution to a statutory pension scheme for at least 60 months. Or else, you can give proof of an old-age provision that can be laid out in comparison to it.
- You must be able to support yourself in Germany without depending on benefit payments.
- You must have a satisfactory level of command over the German language (level B1 as stipulated by CEFR).
- You must have basic knowledge of the way of life, social system, and legal system in Germany. This will be proven by passing a “Life in Germany” test.
- You must have permission to be employed in Germany. You will need to hold the permit required.
- You must have worked in Germany in a position that matches your degree or other qualifications.
- You have a living space that’s enough for yourself as well as your family.
- You have a zero criminal record.
The application process for a German PR visa is as follows:
- You must visit the local German Immigration Office to make an appointment (Ausländerbehörde). This is where, for the first time, you got your German residence permit.
- You then complete the application form (Antrag auf Erteilung der Niederlassungserlaubnis).
- Then, you must collect all the necessary documents.
- After that be present at the German immigration office on the date of appointment. Make sure you have all your documents at hand along with the application form. Go through the interview there. If you are applying for a settlement permit just because you are the spouse of a German national, take your spouse along with you to the interview.
- You must pay
- for the application fee.
In general, the country takes 2 to 3 weeks to decide on your application.
If you have earned about the German PR process and handled your application right, it won’t be hard at all to obtain a German PR visa.
|Know your eligibility for Germany immigration. Use the Germany points calculator.|
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest, or Migrate to Germany, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 immigration & visa company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like:
Job vacancies at record high, more immigrants needed to work in Canada