Alberta conducted a PNP draw on July 14, 2021. 181 Express Entry candidates were invited by AINP in the draw to apply for a provincial nomination.
Facts of the draw
- The minimum CRS score required was 301 points.
- Alberta has invited 2,613 Express Entry candidates till now in 2021 to apply for a provincial nomination.
- Alberta is allowed to issue 6,250 certificates of nomination in 2021, by the federal government.
About Alberta Express Entry Stream
- It allows Alberta’s provincial government to search in the federal government’s pool of Express Entry candidates and find suitable candidates eligible for a provincial nomination.
- The Express Entry system is an application management system that handles the applications from immigration candidates. These are applications for 3 federal high-skilled programs namely FSTP, CEC, and FSWP.
- IRCC holds regular Express Entry draws and invites candidates who score the highest. They are invited to apply for Canada PR.
- With a nomination granted by Alberta to an Express Entry candidate, such a candidate will get 600 extra CRS points. This will in effect assures that the candidate will receive an ITA in a subsequent federal immigration draw.
Eligibility for Alberta Express Entry Stream
- Work experience in an eligible occupation or a job offer in Alberta.
- An Express Entry profile indicating that the candidate is interested in moving to Alberta.
- Canadian education is preferable.
- Having a parent, sibling, or child will who is a Canadian citizen or a Canada PR visa holder helps in better chances.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
PR – Permanent Residence/Permanent Resident
CRS – Comprehensive Ranking System
PNP – Provincial Nominee Program
ITA – Invitation to Apply
IRCC – Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
FSWP – Federal Skilled Worker Program
FSTP – Federal Skill Trades Program
CEC – Canadian Experience Class
AINP – Alberta Immigration Nominee Program