Ontario’s new EOI system was implemented in this draw that was OINP’s second-ever draw for the In-demand Skills stream. With the new system, EOI replaced the old first-come-first-served system practiced in Ontario PNP.
This draw had no requirements specified for the minimum score. The criteria for candidates included:
- Having a job offer from an employer in Ontario
- Having the eligibility for the In-demand Skills stream
The job offer must be in one of the jobs with specific NOC codes. Here is the list of occupations:
Occupations in Health & agricultural sector
- NOC 3413 – nurse aides, patient service associates, and orderlies
- NOC 8431 – general farmworkers
- NOC 8611 – laborers in harvesting
- NOC 4412 – home support workers and related occupations (housekeepers excluded)
- NOC 8432 – workers at nurseries and greenhouses
- NOC 9462 – poultry preparers, meat cutters & industrial butchers, and related workers
Occupations in manufacturing (outside the GTA only)
- NOC 9411 – machine operators, mineral and metal processing
- NOC 9417 – machining tool operators
- NOC 9421 – machine operators in chemical plants
- NOC 9437 – machine operators for woodworking
- NOC 9461 – machine operators and process control, processing of food, beverage, and associated products
- NOC 9526 – mechanical assemblers and inspectors
- NOC 9537 – assemblers of other products, inspectors, and finishers
- NOC 9416 – machine workers for metalworking and forging
- NOC 9418 – machine operators for other metal products
- NOC 9422 – machine operators for plastics processing
- NOC 9446 – machine operators for industrial sewing
- NOC 9523 – fabricators, electronics assemblers, testers, and inspectors
- NOC 9536 – industrial painters, coaters, and process operators for metal finishing
The selected candidates have 14 days to apply for a provincial nomination in Ontario. If they get a provincial nomination, it will help them get closer to Canada PR.
|Check your eligibility for Canada immigration. Click here now!|
The In-demand Skills Stream
This stream is an immigration program that cares about provincial demand over skill level in occupation. Ontario PNP takes candidates from this stream as Ontario has a requirement of foreign workers not only in the high-skilled category but also the low-skilled category too.
Foreign workers coming to Ontario with a job offer can file an application for a provincial nomination from Ontario. They must have a cumulative job experience of 9 months in Ontario within the past 3 years.
This work experience mustn’t be in seasonal work though. If it’s an experience in a part-time job, the candidate only has to meet the criterion of a minimum number of hours of work. It should be either equal to 1,200 work hours of employment that’s paid for over a period of 18 months. Otherwise, for those who had multiple jobs, the requirement would be a minimum of 30 hours a week for 9 months.
Connect with us!
In case you are looking for the right guidance and the best professional help to migrate to Canada to work in Canadian provinces, contact Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company. Click here to connect with us.
Here are other engaging articles from Y-Axis you may be interested in: