Only highest degree needed for ECA in Canada

WES requires visa applicants to submit highest degree

Submitting educational credentials is an important part of Canada immigration process. The documents that prove one’s educational credentials will be scrutinized to check whether it is equivalent to a Canadian degree or other qualification. This process is called ECA.

Lately, WES, one of the providers of the ECA service for IRCC announced that immigration applicants need to submit only their highest completed credential. Submitting any other educational credentials has been found to slow down the processing of Canada PR visa applications.

Also, it’s been decided that ECAs aren’t required for Canadian credentials. So, in case you have a Ph.D., there’s no need to submit your bachelor’s or Master’s degree.

For students who have attended school in a francophone country needn’t submit their DEUG, DUT, or License for evaluation if they have any of the following:

  • DEA
  • Diplôme de Grandes Écoles
  • Diplômed’Etat de Docteur en Pharmacie
  • Diplôme d’Ingénieur
  • Diplômed’État de Docteur en Médicine
  • Maîtrise, Master

Those who hold a Diplôme de Docteur needn’t submit any of the above-listed documents. Though documents in French needn’t be translated, documents in other languages could need it.

If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.

If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…

Canada brings down minimum score in latest EE draw


ECA – Educational Credential Assessment

About author View all posts

Y-Axis Dubai

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

2 × 4 =