Alberta invited 148 Express Entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination in its Alberta PNP draw held on June 29, 2021. The details of this draw have surfaced and one of the details it shared was that the minimum score required was set to 302 points.
When compared to the previous Alberta PNP draw held by Alberta in June 2021, this draw invited fewer candidates and featured a slightly higher requirement for CRS points.
As of now, Alberta has issued invitations to 2,432 Express Entry candidates, to apply for a provincial nomination. This is the number of candidates from January 2021 since when Alberta PNP resumed invitation rounds.
Alberta can issue 6,250 certificates of nomination in 2021. That’s the quota allowed by the federal government for the year as it does every year.
The working of the Alberta Express Entry Stream
The Alberta Express Entry stream lets Canada’s provincial governments look for suitable candidates in the Express Entry pool of candidates for profiles maintained by the federal government. These candidates are individuals who may have the eligibility for a provincial nomination.
Steps in the functioning of Alberta Express Entry
- Create a profile in the Express Entry system, the application management system for 3 federal high-skilled programs namely FSWP, CEC, and FSTP.
- Eligible candidates get a score based on the CRS. The points are granted on the basis of factors including education, age, work experience, and language ability in English/French.
- With the CRS points earned, candidates can expect to be selected to be invited in any of the regular Express Entry draws conducted by the IRCC. The candidates with the highest CRS scores can apply for Canada PR.
- If a candidate is found to be suitable for Alberta’s labor market requirements, that candidate will be given a provincial nomination. This will lead to AINP add 600 CRS points to the candidate’s basic score right away. This paves a way for such candidates, even with low CRS scores, to come forward in the line of Canada PR applicants. These candidates will be able to participate in an upcoming federal draw.
Eligibility for Alberta Express Entry Stream
- Work experience in an occupation that’s eligible. Figure this out from the list of occupations prepared by AINP that aren’t eligible for the stream.
- Many candidates who apply under this stream are employed as cooks, transport truck drivers, food service supervisors, and more.
- The candidate’s Express Entry profile should convey your interest in moving to Alberta.
- With factors like possessing work experience, or a job offer in Alberta can increase a candidate’s chances of getting nominated. So does Canadian education.
- If a candidate has a parent, sibling, or child who’s a Canada PR or a citizen in Alberta, that candidate has a definite advantage.
With Alberta’s PNP system, the province finds the support it needs from foreigners to contribute to the province’s economic development and priorities for diversification.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
New minimum funds rule for Canada immigration candidates is here
PR – Permanent Residence/Permanent Resident
CRS – Comprehensive Ranking System
PNP – Provincial Nominee Program
IRCC – Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
FSWP – Federal Skilled Worker Program
FSTP – Federal Skill Trades Program
CEC – Canadian Experience Class
AINP – Alberta Immigration Nominee Program