Hungary Business Visa
You would need to apply for a Hungary business visa if you want to visit Hungary for business purposes. An individual may use this visa to travel to Hungary for business purposes such as company meetings, job interviews, or partnership meetings.
You’ll need to apply for a 90-day short-stay visa. The Schengen visa is another name for a short-stay visa. You can visit other countries that are part of the Schengen agreement on this visa.
If you are applying in your home country, you must be residing there. If you have a residency permit in a foreign country, you can apply for it at the embassy there.
A passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel is required.
The primary aim of your trip must be to participate in business-related events such as meetings and conferences.
You must have enough cash to cover your stay in the country.
You should have travel insurance.
You must apply for a permit only if Hungary is your only destination or if Hungary is one of your several Schengen destinations.
- Valid passport with at least three months validity
- Passport must have been issued during the past ten years
- Copies of previous visas
- 2 passport size photos
- Completed visa application form
- Proof of having financial resources to pay for your return trip and stay in Hungary
- Travel insurance policy with a value of 30,000 pounds
- Covering letter from your company in case you are travelling to Hungary on behalf of their business
- Invitation letter from the company you will be visiting with details of their address and dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer giving permission for your business travel and a Power of attorney from your company giving you full authority
- Proof of previous trade relations between the two companies
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Income tax returns of last three years
- Company must give declaration for coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation
- Proof of accommodation
- Proof of civil status
Validity and processing time
You can stay for a maximum period of 90 days in Hungary or any other country in the Schengen region with the business visa.
The application takes about three weeks to process. The embassy can also take longer due to a rise in the number of applications during peak season. We suggest that you apply for the visa well ahead of time.
Which visa will I need to go to Hungary on business?
You will have to apply for a Schengen short-stay visa.
Why do I need insurance for Hungary business visa?
For a Hungary business visa you will be required to have travel medical insurance. This is needed for covering any expenses that arise if any emergency medical situation arises in Hungary or you have to be repatriated [returned to home country] for any reason.
What is the processing time for Hungary business visa?
In most cases, a decision is given within 15 calendar days. The processing time might be extended to up to 30 calendar days when further scrutiny of the application is required. In exceptional cases, the processing can even go up to 60 working days in individual cases.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.