Greece Business Visa
If you are planning a short-term business trip to Greece you should apply for the Greece business visa. You may need to apply for a short-stay visa, which allows you to stay in Greece for 90 days. You will need to apply for a long-term stay visa if you intend to stay longer than 90 days.
The Schengen visa is another name for a short-stay visa. This visa is valid in any European country that is a member of the Schengen agreement.
You must have a legitimate and good reason for visiting the country.
You must have enough money to support yourself and any dependents during your stay.
You must have strong links to your home country that will allow you to return home after your stay.
You must have a decent character and a clear criminal record. You may be required to have a PCC (Police Clearance Certificate).
You must have a valid invitation from a legitimate company in the country with which you are doing /will do business.
- Completed visa application form
- Color photograph
- A valid passport with a validity of at least three months after the end of your stay period in the country
- Issue date of passport must be within the previous ten years
- Proof of having travel insurance that must be valid during the tenure of your visa and in the Schengen area.
- The value of the policy must be at least 30,000 Euros and must cover expenses of sudden illness, accident and repatriation in case of death
- Supporting documents that can include copies of tickets, a confirmation of hotel reservation, a private invitation letter and an official invitation.
- The invitation letter in the case of a business visit will have the organization’s contact details and the invited person’s details including the purpose and length of visit.
- Applicant must provide proof of having enough funds to support his stay in the country, this will income tax returns, and proof of sponsorship if your trip is sponsored.
You can apply for the visa at the Greek embassy or consulate nearest to you.
Validity and processing time
You can stay for a maximum period of 90 days in Greece or any other country in the Schengen region with the business visa.
The processing time of the visa is usually 15 calendar days and can even extend from 30 to 60 days based on individual cases.
What are the passport requirements for applying for business visa to Greece?
When you apply for a business visa for Greece, your passport must –
- Be valid for a minimum of 3 months beyond your scheduled stay in Greece
- Have at least 2 blank pages for the visa stamping
- Be original and genuine.
- Not be damaged in any way.
Which visa do I need to go to Greece on business?
Uniform Schengen Visa [USV], Type C will have to be applied for. A Type C Schengen visa is a short-term visa that allows the visa holder to stay in any of the countries that come under the Schengen Area for a specific period of time as per the validity of the visa.
How long can I stay in Greece on my Greece business visa?
The Schengen Type C visa allows the visa holder to stay in the Schengen Area for a maximum of 90 days in a 6-month period.
Is there a different Schengen visa for going to Greece on business?
While the application form is similar if you are travelling for tourism or business, the specific reason will have to be clearly mentioned on the Schengen visa application form. For example, you will have to state “Business” as the reason in this situation.
What is the visa fee for Greece business visa?
As of now, the visa fee for Greece business visa is EUR 80.
What is the processing time for business visa for Greece?
Generally, in most of cases, a decision on the Greece business visa application can be expected within 15 days of having successfully submitted the application.
In certain situations where further scrutiny is needed, the processing time can go up to 30 days, or even 60 days in rare cases.
Can I extend my Greece business visa?
Yes, but only in exceptional cases. By exceptional cases is meant situations wherein certain special reasons or new facts come up after the Greece business visa holder’s entry into Greece.
Do I need insurance for Greece business visa?
For a Greece business visa, you will be required to have a travel medical insurance of a minimum of EUR 30,000. The coverage should be applicable within Greece as well as the entire Schengen Area.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.