UAE Golden visa
The UAE golden visa, which is a long-term visa, was launched in 2019 as a long-term residency program.
The reason for introducing the Dubai golden visa was to project the UAE as a destination for business investment and encourage business development in the region. The visa was introduced to recognize residents who have been here for the long-term and their contribution to their country’s development.
The golden visa is a means to recognize their contribution and to thank them with a long-term visa that is valid for ten years and can be renewed.
Five categories of non-residents can apply for the UAE golden visa, these include entrepreneurs, chief executives, investors, meritorious students and scientists.
Requirements for foreign investors to apply for the golden visa
They must fulfil at least one of the following conditions:
- A deposit of up to ten million dirhams must be made in an investment fund in the UAE.
- Must be an owner of a business with a capital investment of ten million dirhams or a partner in a company with a stake worth up to ten million dirhams.
Applicants must fulfil the following conditions
- Investment funds should be fully owned rather than be funded through a loan and adequate proof must be given
- The applicant must have held the investment for at least three years
- The applicant must have an insurance document for themselves and their family members
Requirements for entrepreneurs
- Applicants must be the owners of a project worth at least 500,000 dirhams in a UAE-certified sector.
- The applicant must be a licensed business incubator and the project’s founder.
- The applicant must be covered by health insurance for himself and his family.
Requirements for specialists
- Applicant can be a professor from any one of the top 500 international universities that is approved by the ministry of education
- Applicant with an award or certificate of appreciation for his area of specialization can also apply
- Scientists who have made major contributions to an area of study
- Doctors with 20 years of practical experience in their field of expertise
- Applicants who are specialists in fields significant to the UAE
What is a golden visa?
A golden visa is a type of grant offered to wealthy people who want to invest a significant amount of money in a country in exchange for the chance to live there. The golden visa is used by governments to broaden their tax base.
Who can get the golden visa in the UAE?
The 10-year golden visa will be issued to engineers, physicians, Ph.Ds. who are from UAE accredited universities who have scored Grade Point Average or GPA of 3.8 and above.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.