An excellent place to work abroad, Canada offers exciting career opportunities in the backdrop of high quality of life.
When you decide to work overseas in Canada, you can look forward to work with the best employers in the world.
Along with having a strong research and development community, Canada values entrepreneurs and believes in building upon new and innovative ideas.
A business idea with the potential to make a global impact can make you eligible for the Start-Up Visa program of the federal government of Canada. Successful candidates get to immigrate to Canada as permanent residents.
|What is considered ‘work’ in Canada?|
|For the purposes of work overseas in Canada, work is considered to be any activity for which you are either paid to do or might usually be paid to do. Work can also be in the form of an unpaid internship.|
|How can I work in Canada?|
|A foreign national might work in Canada as – |
Generally, a work permit will be required to be able to work in Canada.
A Canada Work Permit visa is issued to eligible individuals that intend to work in Canada for a certain time period.
Typically, you will need a work permit to work in Canada.
With our end-to-end overseas career solutions, Y-Axis can help you find a job in Canada and apply for a Canada Work Visa.
|Canada Work Permit|
TYPE 1: Open work permit
Work for any employer in Canada, unless otherwise listed as ineligible.
An open work permit can be secured only under specific situations.
TYPE 2: Employer-specific work permit
Allows work in Canada, as per certain conditions that include –
In some cases, you can work in Canada without a work permit.
Australian citizens are eligible for the International Experience Canada. To be able to participate in the IEC, the country of citizenship must have an agreement with Canada allowing them to apply for an IEC work permit.
Depending on the country of citizenship, an individual might choose from the pools available –
- Working Holiday: Fund your vacation with temporary work in Canada. Open work permit.
- Young Professionals: Gain professional work experience in Canada to better compete in an international economy. Employer-specific work permit.
- International Co-Op (Internship): Acquire Canadian work experience related to your field of study. Employer-specific work permit.
Highly-skilled workers looking to work in Canada might be eligible for the Global Skills Strategy (GSS), featuring work permit exemptions and work permit exemptions. IEC applicants are not eligible for the 2-week processing.
Among the world’s leading economies, Canada is a great destination for skilled workers exploring work abroad opportunities.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CANADA WORK VISA
Generally, you should apply for a Canada work visa before travelling to Canada for work overseas.
The exact eligibility requirement to be fulfilled as per the country applying from as well as the type of Canada work permit applying to.
General Canada Work Permit visa eligibility requirements for all applicants include, among others –
- The ability to prove intention to leave Canada after expiry of work permit,
- Proof of funds for yourself and your family, for the stay in Canada and return home,
- Not planning to work for a Canadian employer that is otherwise ineligible.
Documents required to apply for Canada work permit visa –
- A valid passport
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- Educational qualification certificates
- Proof of professional qualifications, including work experience
- Proof of adequate funds
- Medical examination
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC), if required
- Application fee
The immigration officials must be convinced that the applicant would return to their home country after the end of employment on a Canada Work Permit visa.
WHY MIGRATE TO CANADA?
Working in Canada lets you gain valuable Canadian work experience, making you eligible for various federal and provincial Canada immigration programs.
Canada’s Express Entry system manages permanent residence applications from skilled workers that might be eligible for any of the three main economic immigration programs of Canada.
The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is one of the three Express Entry programs. The CEC offers a pathway to Canadian permanent residence to skilled foreign workers with previous and recent work experience in Canada.
An increasing number of individuals in Australia – migrants as well as locals – are looking up ways to migrate to Canada from Australia.Possessing a fair knowledge of the English language and a generally good level of education are among the top reasons that make Australians opt for migrate to Canada.
After living in Canada as a permanent resident for at least 1,095 days (that is, three years in the five years from being granted PR status in Canada), an individual might be eligible for applying for Canadian citizenship.
Top 7 Benefits of Moving to Canada include –
- Streamlined immigration process
- Various job opportunities available
- Overall good quality of life
- Universal healthcare
- Free education
- Great outdoors
HOW CAN Y-AXIS HELP
Y-Axis is one of the leaders in Canada immigration and visa consulting services.
Our teams have worked on a large number of Canadian visa applications. At Y-Axis, we have the knowledge and experience to help you throughout the process. Our services include:
- Complete visa application support
- Assistance with collecting supporting documentation
- Visa Interview Preparation, if required
- Updates & Follow-up with the Consulate
- Job search assistance, if required
Talk to a Y-Axis consultant to learn more about your options.
At Y-Axis, we understand that we an individual might migrate to Canada from Australia for diverse reasons.
Providing comprehensive immigration solutions, Y-Axis Australia equips you to tap into the best in cross-border opportunities.
A leading migration agent in Australia, Y-Axis offers services to help people migrate to countries such as Canada, the UK, the US, Singapore, Austria, Hong Kong, and Germany.
What do I need to work in Canada?
Generally, one or more of the following documents might be needed to apply for a Canada Work Visa –
- Job offer letter or employment contract from Canadian employer
- A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) number from your employer, if an LMIA is required
- Proof of being certified, qualified or accredited to work in Canada in that specific job
- Proof of your employer submitting an offer of employment, through the Employer Portal.
What is an open work permit for Canada?
A Canadian work permit is not job-specific and lets you work for any employer in Canada,
Do I need an LMIA for Canada Work Visa?
Depends on whether you are applying for an open permit or an employer-specific permit. No LMIA needed for an open work permit for Canada.
I am applying to migrate to Canada through Express Entry. Can I get open work permit for Canada?
Individuals that might be eligible to apply for an open work permit include, among others –
- Those that have applied for Canada PR,
- A dependent family member of a Canada PR principal applicant,
- The spouse/partner of an international student or skilled worker,
- An international student graduated from a Designated Learning Institution in Canada and eligible for the Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) etc.
What is the cost of applying for a Canada work visa?
A work permit for Canada costs CAD155. This is the cost for the securing a work permit and includes extensions.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.