Highlights: Increase in Temporary Skilled Income Threshold
- On April 27, 2023, the Minister for Home Affairs announced an increase in the TSMIT.
- The increment in TSMIT will be implemented from July 1, 2023, and will increase from $53,000 to $70,000.
- The expansion will only apply to existing visa holders and nominations registered on July 1, 2023.
- The nominations made from July 1, 2023, will require meeting the latest TSMIT or the average market salary rate.
*Check your eligibility with Y-Axis Australia Immigration points calculator
Subclass 482 visa
- The Australian Subclass 482, or the Temporary Skill Shortage visa, allows employers to offer sponsorship to skilled foreign workers to work in Australia.
- The Subclass 482 visa offers multiple streams, including short and mid-term and labor agreement streams.
- The streams under the Subclass 482 visa permit foreign workers to reside and seek employment in the country for a given period.
- The mid-term and labor agreement streams of the Subclass 482 visa are the only streams eligible for Permanent residency.
*Looking to apply for Australia PR? Get in touch with experts at Y-Axis.
Extended pathways from TR to PR
- The Subclass 482 visa holders will soon acquire eligibility to apply for Australian permanent residency via the Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) stream.
- The TRT stream that comes under the Subclass 186 visa or the Employer Nomination scheme will apply to all Temporary Skilled Shortage visa holders whose employers are willing to offer sponsorship.
- Individuals with the TSS visa must continue to operate in their nominated TSS occupations, while the occupations will not be confined to the MLTSSL list.
- The eligibility for TRT stream will also be reduced from three years to two years of work with the employer who has sponsored the candidate.
- To qualify for the above condition, the candidate must fulfill the eligibility and requirements criteria for TRT stream of the Employment Nomination Scheme visa.
- The government also plans on altering the cap on the TSS applications of the short-term stream.
- The TR to PR pathway changes are specifically made to adhere to the Jobs and Skills Summit held in September 2022.
Looking to migrate to Australia? Contact Y-Axis, the top Immigration consultant in UAE.
For further Immigration updates do check out: Y-Axis Australia Immigration news
For recent highlights of Australia, also read…
Changes in Australia’s Immigration Policy: New Visas and Regulations for 2023-24
International grads can now work in Australia for 4 years with the extended Post Study Work Permit
How to get Australia PR through Global Talent Independent [GTI] visa?