Canada immigration is the most famous immigration system in the world. Now, it has set the milestone of achieving its target of 401,000 newcomers in 2021!
No doubt, Canada is extremely welcoming to immigrants. In fact, Canada thrives on the contributions of its immigrants socially and economically. Also, Canada is highly regarded as the top international destination for higher education.
It’s now official that Canada is the best country in the world. Does that make you interested in Canada immigration? We are here to help you understand the many pathways available to do so. Let’s learn about them.
Canada Express Entry
- Express Entry is a pathway to Canada through which skilled workers in Canada/overseas obtain a Canada PR visa.
- Canada Express Entry is the fastest visa processing system. You get a visa application processed in 6 months or less.
- This Express Entry system manages Canada PR visa applications submitted under federal economic immigration programs. They are:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Canadian provinces and territories can recruit candidates from the Canada Express Entry candidate pool. This is done via PNPs so that they can meet their local labor market requirements for skilled workers.
Do you want your relatives to live, study, and work in Canada as Canada PR visa holders? Then family sponsorship is the way to choose.
If you are a Canada PR visa holder yourself, you are eligible to sponsor certain of your relatives. They can arrive in Canada as permanent residents under your sponsorship. To sponsor them, you must be at least 18 years old. Also, you may either be
- A citizen/permanent resident, or
- An individual registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act.
There’s a significant contribution in terms of immigration made by the Canada PNP program. Every Canadian province has a PNP meant to find and invite foreign nationals with:
- The education, work experience, and skills that help to develop the province’s economy
- The intention to become a permanent resident in Canada
- The willingness to live in a certain province
As every Canadian province/territory has a PNP of its own, so do they have immigration streams. They tell you which group of immigration candidates is targeted to be invited by the province for a nomination considering their requirements.
Any one of these could be the immigrant category on target by a program stream:
- business people
- semi-skilled workers
- skilled workers
Imagine you arrived in Canada for higher studies on a Canada Student visa. You can already work for limited hours per week during your study term. Once you are done with your education, you could keep living in Canada and do a job under a PGWP. For eligibility under PGWP, your Canadian study program must have lasted a minimum of 8 months in duration.
If you have a Canada work permit, it adds an advantage to your profile. You will get better profile scores. Such an elevated score will help you lodge an application for a Canada PR visa.
Quebec-selected skilled workers
You must be aware by now that Quebec has its own immigration system similar to the federal immigration system of Canada. To become a permanent resident in Canada as a skilled worker, ready to settle in Quebec, you have the option of immigrating as a skilled worker chosen by Quebec.
Atlantic Immigration Pilot
Atlantic Canada region’s employers use this pilot to hire skilled foreign nationals interested in moving to Atlantic Canada. The pilot also serves international graduates interested in living in Atlantic Canada.
|Note: Come December 31, 2021, the Atlantic Immigration Pilot is shutting down. Then forth, no more provincial endorsements will be issued. If you are holding a provincial certificate of endorsement with ongoing validity, you still can apply for a Canada PR visa under the Pilot. You can do this till March 5, 2022. Then, a new program will replace this pilot program.|
Immigrate as caregivers
You can arrive in Canada as a caregiver either on a temporary work permit or as a Canada PR visa holder.
If you are an entrepreneur then you can use a start-up visa program to immigrate to Canada. First, you start a business in Canada. Then you can create jobs, or give support to innovative entrepreneurs.
Canada immigration is possible as a self-employed individual. For that, you must have
- Experience considered relevant in athletics and cultural activities
- The readiness and ability to make significant contributions to the athletic or cultural life of Canada
Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
It’s a community-driven program. The Pilot is aimed at helping smaller communities obtain the advantages of economic immigration. This is can be done through the creation of a Canada PR path intended to serve skilled foreign workers willing to live and work in one of the participating communities.
As you must have already understood, Canada has many pathways to achieve Canada immigration. You should explore them, and choose the one that suits you the best.
|Know your eligibility for Canada immigration. Use the Canada points calculator.|
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest, or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 immigration & visa company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like:
Job vacancies at record high, more immigrants needed to work in Canada