It may well be the sign of things coming around and returning to the pre-COVID state that the Canadian province of Saskatchewan has held its largest Entrepreneur Stream draw on November 4, 2021, after the province resumed immigration draws after the COVID-19 crisis. Invitations were issued by Saskatchewan PNP to 65 immigration candidates who had a minimum score of 100.
Since the COVID-19 pandemic broke out, SINP had suspended the draw. The November 4 draw is the third immigration draw since the start of the pandemic conducted by Saskatchewan PNP.
If more than one immigration candidate gets the same score on the points grid used by the Entrepreneur Stream, then SINP separates them based on 3 factors:
- Ability in the official language
- Completion of an exploratory visit
- If the candidate’s planned business is for a key economic sector
Major stages in the working of Entrepreneur Stream
- Submitting an EOI
- Receiving an invitation to lodge an application for provincial nomination
- Receiving provincial nomination
The EOI has to meet the following criteria for the candidate’s entry:
- The candidate must have at least a legally acquired net worth of $500,000.
- The candidate must have at least 3 years of experience in entrepreneurship or management.
- The candidate must make a minimum investment of $300,000 in Saskatoon or Regina or $200,000 in any other area in Saskatchewan.
After entering a pool for selection, the top scorers receive invitations to lodge an application for nomination. The application must have:
- Commitment to actively participate in the daily management of the business
- Business Establishment Plan that confirms the figures in the EOI along with at least 1/3rd ownership of a company in Saskatchewan, if the investment is under $1 million
- Creation of more than one job for Canadian citizens/Canada PR visa holders if the business is situated in Saskatoon or Regina
|Know your eligibility for Canada immigration. Use the Canada points calculator.|
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like:
- Manitoba PNP invites 421 immigration candidates, offers nomination
- British Columbia PNP tech draw has 77 immigration candidates invited
PR – Permanent Residence/Permanent Resident
EOI – Expression of Interest
PNP – Provincial Nominee Program