March, 2019 - Part 2

Archive - March 2019

Saskatchewan issues 138 invites in its latest draw

Saskatchewan

Saskatchewan

In its latest draw held on 6th March, Saskatchewan issued 138 invitations through its PNP. 70 invites were issued through the Express Entry sub-category. The remaining 68 were issued through the Occupations In-demand category.

To apply for the Saskatchewan’s Occupation In-demand category, applicants need to submit an online EOI. This subcategory is not related to the Federal Express Entry Program. For the Occupations In-Demand category, it is mandatory for candidates to have relevant work experience. The work experience should be in any occupation on the In-Demand Occupation List of Saskatchewan.

Eligible applicants are scored on the basis of their education, age, work experience and language skills. Eligible applicants are then placed in a pool of their respective categories. High-ranked applicants are then selected in regular draws. Selected applicants are then issued an Invitation to Apply for a provincial nomination.

The lowest-ranked candidate in the Express Entry sub-category in the 6th March draw had a score of 67. In the Occupations In-demand sub-category, the lowest-ranked candidate had a score of 81.

The previous draw was held by Saskatchewan on 27th February. 83 Invites were issued in this draw, as quoted by CIC News.

In 2019, SINP has issued 515 invitations through its Express Entry sub-category till date. The Occupations In-Demand sub-category issued 302 invitations in 2019 so far.

If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.

If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…

Manitoba conducts its 3rd draw for 2019

Quebec will prioritize applications of workers already living in the province

quebec

quebec

Francois Legault, Quebec Premier, said that the Govt. will prioritize 3,700 applications of workers already living in the province.

On 7th February 2019, the CAQ Govt. had introduced Bill 9 which called to terminate all pending QSWP applications. These were all paper-based applications which were submitted before Quebec introduced the EOI system in August last year. However, a few days ago, a judge granted a 10-day injunction against Quebec to continue processing the QSWP applications.

Mr Legault said that candidates will still have to submit an online EOI. Even the ones who are already working in Quebec will need to submit an EOI through the Arrima portal. However, their EOIs will only be processed after Bill 9 has been passed into law.

Marie Rinfret, Ombudsperson of Quebec, had criticized the Govt.’s move to dismiss all pending 18,000 QSWP applications. She said that 18,000 applications added up to around 45,000 applicants including spouses and children. 6,000 out of these applications were already living in Quebec on temporary visas. She also said that the move to dismiss applications lacked empathy.

Rinfret also said that applications which are not prioritized should be refunded their language and application fees. She also said that the applicants should be given an apology letter signed by Simon Jolin-Barrette, Quebec’s Immigration Minister.

Jolin Barrette, at the time of introducing Bill 9, had said that the new EOI system is better suited to meet Quebec’s labour demands. The EOI system will help the Govt. select skilled workers as per the skill shortage in various regions of the province.

Jolin-Barrette also said that dismissing pending applications was important to focus on selecting applicants who had applied through the Arrima portal. The new EOI system aims at reducing the QSWP processing time from 36 months to 6 months, as quoted by CIC News.

 

If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.

If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…

Quebec to continue processing SWP applications backlog

Canada celebrates the 40th anniversary of the Private Sponsorship of Refugees program

canada

canada

Canada celebrated the 40th anniversary of the Private Sponsorship of Refugees program in Fredericton. Ahmed Hussen, Immigration Minister, along with many newcomers gathered to celebrate this milestone at Downtown Fredericton.

The Private Sponsorship of Refugees program allows groups and organizations to sponsor refugees. They can thus help the refugees migrate to Canada.

Matt Decourcey, MP of Fredericton, said that these programs play an important role in a province struggling with a labour shortage. He said that provinces like New Brunswick do not have enough labour to fill in jobs. Hence immigrants are important to the economy of such provinces.

Ahmed Hussen called the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program “unique”, as quoted by CTV News. He also said that many countries are now trying to replicate this Canadian program.

In 2018, Canada welcomed the most number of refugees than any other nation in the world. This is all because of programs like this.

Programs like these open up a lot of opportunities for migrants. Migrants get the opportunity to integrate into Canadian society and contribute to the country’s economy.

Mahmoud Alhallak came to Canada in 2017 through the Private Sponsorship of Refugees program. He says that Canada is a great place to be. Canadian people are extremely polite, friendly, and supportive.

If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.

If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…

Manitoba conducts its 3rd draw for 2019

Quebec to continue processing SWP applications backlog

quebec

quebec

A Superior Court Judge in Quebec, Canada has ordered the state government to continue processing Skilled Worker Program applications. The Govt. wanted to cancel the processing of 18,000 pending SWP applications.

The ruling was made by Justice Frederic Bachand. He granted a 10-day long injunction in response to immigration lawyers calling the move to stop processing “illegal”.

The provincial government of Quebec had earlier proposed to terminate all QSWP applications submitted prior to 2nd August 2018. As per the Bill 9 legislation, the termination of processing was to be effective immediately.

Simon Jolin-Barrette, Immigration Minister of Quebec, said that the govt. will honour the Superior Court’s ruling. He also said that Quebec will continue processing SWP applications till Bill 9 is passed into law by the National Assembly.

The injunction was requested in the name of Seeun Park by AQAADI. Seeun Park was a nurse from South Korea whose application for a CSQ was one of the affected ones.

Under the QSWP, candidates must obtain a CSQ before applying for a Canadian PR. AQAADI requested the court to direct the Govt. to continue processing SWP applications till Bill 9 was passed into law. AQAADI told the court that the situation was urgent and would affect 18,000 applicants and their dependents.

As per CIC News, other groups like the Conseil du Patronat and the Canadian Bar Association have also raised concerns about the Govt.’s move to dismiss the backlog.

The Quebec Govt.’s move to dismiss the backlog has been criticized by many. The move has been called unfair keeping in mind the amount of time applicants had to wait for a visa decision. Also, many applicants were already living in Quebec as temporary residents.

The Quebec Govt. has said that applicants will now need to submit an online EOI. As per the earlier proposal, the Govt. wanted to cancel those applications which were made when the QSWP accepted paper-based applications.

The Immigration Minister said that cancelling the application backlog was necessary to expedite the QSWP. The EOI system will help Quebec bring down the current processing times of QSWP from 36 months to 6 months.

If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.

 

If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…

What is the latest update about PGP Canada?